Does VSC respond to all the expedite requests?

sv20

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I had send an expedite request for my pending I-485. After about a week, VSC sent a fax reply saying that my case met the criterion for special handling. Is this something to get excited about or is this just useless as their other status updates?

Also, does VSC respond to all the expedite requests? In other words, is there anyone who did not see any response from VSC for their expedite requests?

Any information sharing is much much appreciated.

Thank you all,
Good luck
RD: 12/2002

information request

Krns1,

It was a simple letter saying that since my case is over six months older than the current processing date, I would request VSC to expedite the handling of my case. I provided all the details like A#, ND, RD, EAC#, FP date. Cocluded saying I request and hope that VSC considers my request, which will be greatly appreciated.

Mine is a Dec, 2002 case. Other filers who requested expedite handling, please tell if they received any correspodence or not.

Thank you all.
Best wishes,

can you tell me this

hi , when you get a fax reply from VSC do you see that where it is coming from or it says unknown nbr. or some thing .please reply

I did not write to FBI

Hi,
I did not write any email to FBI. I just send VSC a fax with an explanation of why I am requesting that my case be expedited.

Also, it took approx. 7 days for them to respond to my fax. I faxed them on 24th and interestingly, they chose to fax back (instead of mail) on the 31st of Jan.

Good luck guys,

I faxed on Jan 6th an expediate request and VSC sent me a letter saying that the delay is due to the security checks and nothing much in it. I think if they say that they are considering your fax, you can expect your approval in a month or so.
Generally, if you give fax number in the expediate, they will respond by fax and if no fax number is given, then they will respond by mail. That's the routine procedure.
sv20 said:
Hi,
I did not write any email to FBI. I just send VSC a fax with an explanation of why I am requesting that my case be expedited.

Also, it took approx. 7 days for them to respond to my fax. I faxed them on 24th and interestingly, they chose to fax back (instead of mail) on the 31st of Jan.

Good luck guys,

Dont count much on the response

There are cases where USCIS says, request granted, we will get back
shortly...and then its back to a total silence. Don't read much into the
Expedite Response.

I really think this Expedite channel will soon become toothless.

r u approved ?

sv20 said:
Hi all,

I had send an expedite request for my pending I-485. After about a week, VSC sent a fax reply saying that my case met the criterion for special handling. Is this something to get excited about or is this just useless as their other status updates?

Also, does VSC respond to all the expedite requests? In other words, is there anyone who did not see any response from VSC for their expedite requests?

Any information sharing is much much appreciated.

Thank you all,
Good luck
RD: 12/2002

I know you send expedite request.......
r u approved ?

still waiting

Well, VSC wrote to me that my case meets the criteria for special handling and I should receive a notice "very shortly".
It looks like "very shortly" can be arbitrarily long!!!!!!
Still waiting.

Good luck to all of you (and me)

Expedite request worked, I think

Hi all,

I had faxed an expedite request on my dec 2002 case on 01/14/05. VSC responded that my case met the criteria for special handling and that I should hear from them very shortly. My case was eventually approved on 02/14/05 and I recd. the approval letter on 02/18.

They did not approve my wife's case. I faxed a similar request for her on 02/16. We are still waiting for a response.

Upon this information, a friend of mine filed expedite request. His case was filed in july 2003 where as the current processing dates are 10/03. His request was declined saying that they could not expedite his case.

So all you late 2002, early 2003 guys, there is no harm in giving it a shot and requesting for an expedited adjudication. I think this is a much better approach than calling VSC. Both my wife and I called on our cases, but that did not get any positive response or even sympathy from them. All they say is they cannot do anything about this "unfortunate" delay.

Anyway, I am still waiting for my wife's approval. I will be going for my own stamping on 02/22, tuesday.

Good luck to all.

VSC customer relations fax number

Hi fast_gc_seeker
Following is the fax number: 802-527-4816

Good luck

Hi guys,

My dates are....
Center: VSC
PD:02/07/2002
140 ND:11/02/2004 (Non-concurrent filing)
140 AD:11/09/2004
485 RD:12/15/2004
485 ND:12/17/2004

Should I request the expedite processing since my PD is in Feb 2002?
I would appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Are you serious?

Are you kidding? You want an expedite request with RD of 12/04?? God help you.
Processing is not baed on PD at all.