Does use of AP invalidates H1 . Please

not true any more.

right now, use of AP does not invalidate H1 since h1 is dual-intent.
long time ago, after filing 485 H1 becomes invalid, do you think it is the case now?

No Title

There is mixed Opinion on this issue ,searching the discussion board for answer , Any recent AP user with Valid H1 please Respond..

I don\'t think Ben88 is Right

From Murthy.com per 5/2000 INS Memo (The latest)

- An H-1 or L-1 holder who entered the United States on advance parole can apply for an extension of H or L status, and the approval of that extension would enable the person to return to the U.S. on H-1 or L-1 status. (To maintain that status, the person cannot seek outside employment.)

- An H-1 or L-1 holder who travels out of the United States, and returns on advance parole, is authorized to continue working for the H-1 or L-1 employer. He/she would not be required to obtain an EAD to work for this same employer, within the validity dates of the H-1 or L-1 petition approval.

- If an H-1 or L-1 holder presents both advance parole documents and documents of valid H-1 or L-1 status at the port of entry to the U.S., the INS Inspector should tell the person that she/he is not required to present the advance parole, and admit the person to the U.S. on the H-1 or L-1 status.

The news brief from Murthy\'s web site says something different.

This is what I got from a news brief on the murthy website which states something totally different from what you wrote in the second paragraph.

-INS Headquarters representatives indicated that this is not yet a settled issue of law, but that most INS officials were of the opinion that once a person was admitted as a parolee, the H or L could not be extended. They also stated that the person would need an employment card to continue working after entering the U.S. as a parolee (i.e. after entering using the Advance Parole). INS suggested that a possible solution to this problem, if the person holds an unexpired H or L visa stamp, is to travel out again and reenter using that visa, to get back into that status.