• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Does USCIS inform by email when they were sending physical GC?

TommyEdo

Registered Users (C)
Since the address to where my physical GC will be sent to, will be vacant due to vacation, does anyone know whether USCIS will send notice by email when they are sending it?

No, USCIS does not send an email notice. However, usually before the GC you will receive a welcome letter, and in there will be a number with which you can check the status of your case online, but I suppose that doesn't help you.

Waiting for the plastic, but case stalls since 06/12 :mad:

Receipt Number: SRC08XXXXXXXX

Application Type: OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On June 5, 2008, we received this OS155A IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Does USCIS inform by email when they were sending physical GC?

Yes, they can! If you receive the welcome notice, you can sign up for automatic email updates online. Some service centers update their status online from "case pending" to "production of card ordered" to "card sent", for example. However, I know from my own experience (OPT card etc) that their updates can be shaky. So there is no guarantee that they update their online status.

If I were you, I'd recommend going to your local post office to fill out a form for them to hold your mail. I did that one time while I was on vacation for 4 weeks. It worked great. Once you are back they give you a big sack with your mail. There will be a bunch of credit card offers in there....and hopefully a GC! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Amex Global Card Transfer

Taz,

What does "Amex Global Card Transfer" approved mean? Is that one of their online update messages? Thanks!

Hehe, no Amex = American Express. They offer for card members a global transfer, which is very useful because of the missing credit history in the US. So you dont nedd that secured credit card crap ;)

*edit*
Current Status: Card production ordered. :D:D

Last edited by a moderator: