Does US embassy know that I applied for waiver?

bobkkk

Registered Users (C)
When I go to the US embassy/consulate in my home country for J1 visa stamping, will the officer know that I have applied for, or have the waiver approved?

Will the officer at the customs upon the arrival to the US know about my waiver?

Its in their database, otherwise they wouldn't be able to enforce the 2 year bar. Also, you have to disclose it on your application form. Technically a J-1 waiver shows immigration intent, but some people seem to be able to extend their J-1 anyway.

Thanks. If I have the waiver approved, travel, and get a new visa stamp, then who decides whether I resubject myself to 212e? Is it the officer in the US embassy, or the officer at the customs when I enter the US? Should I worry if I see the 212e on my visa stamp?

I am not sure if the consulate could know that someone just applied for the waiver. But if your waiver is already approved and you apply for stamping in a consulate, then probably they have that information and you may be denied a visa. Just applied for waiver and travelling abroad to apply for a stamping is a gray area and it can go either way.