does this SR response look normal?

luckyz

Registered Users (C)
I initially started a service request for delayed finger print notice,and the finger print notice actually already received.
Today I got this reply that seems to imply I am under name check. Is it a standard letter? Should I worry about anything?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Service records show your current address as listed above. The processing of your I-485 application has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for a decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within six months from the date of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below to complete another service request. There is nothing that can be done to speed this process up. Once it has been released from that area, it should be ready for review by an officer. Please make sure your name is on the mailbox for delivery. Once your name check has cleared, you should be scheduled for fingerprints and biometrics pending slot availability.

I initially started a service request for delayed finger print notice,and the finger print notice actually already received.
Today I got this reply that seems to imply I am under name check. Is it a standard letter? Should I worry about anything?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Service records show your current address as listed above. The processing of your I-485 application has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for a decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within six months from the date of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below to complete another service request. There is nothing that can be done to speed this process up. Once it has been released from that area, it should be ready for review by an officer. Please make sure your name is on the mailbox for delivery. Once your name check has cleared, you should be scheduled for fingerprints and biometrics pending slot availability.

I got the same type of letter (Very very late reply) with exact same words for my wife for a SR that was created some time back around April of 2007 . But my recent calls sine June 1 till date, all the IOs have been consistently telling me that name checks are cleared.

Nothing to worry. Call them up and see if you get to speak to IO to confirm your NC bieng cleared.