Does this make any sense?

Mr. Green

Registered Users (C)
I just called USCIS and I talked to a cutomer representative in NSC. I asked the question about why I received a Biometric Code 3 notice, while my wife didn't. The lady who answered the phone told me two things:

1) Your wife is on H4. (What does that have to do with anything!!! :mad: )
2) Your wife is not scheduled yet and she won't be scheduled until your case is approved first! She can't do anything about it because the scheduled FP are automaticly generated.

I told her that I have many friends who always get their and their spouces FP notices together and I never heard about what she is saying. Ofcourse she stuck to her original answer.

Does this make any sense?? By the way, this customer representative didn't mind talking with me about my wife's case unlike the person I talked to yesterday. Do you think this person is just misinformed?

Should I be worried about my wife's case being delayed unnecessarily?

Thanks in advance!

Also, any comments about the statement that my wife will receive her fingerprints notice once my case is approved??

When you phone the customer service 1-800 number you are NOT talking to an immigration officer. They can put you through to one but it's rare. These people are not trained very well and can really only answer general questions...even thats pushing it most times. I would discount everything said. And she will get a fingerprint notice generated when needed. My spouses was later then mine. AND NO it had no bearing on me being approved first. His were done long before approval. The code 3 is for all 10 fingers, and also for index fingerprint, pic and signature. Don't worry about it.
Code1=all 10 fingers
Code2=pic,signature, and index fingerprint (used to make EAD and GC)
Code 3= both of the above.

Neither of those make any sense at all. FP notice has nothing to do with the current visa status of the spouse.
But I don't see a significant delay caused due to delay in FP process. Mrs Green should be getting the notice very soon

Thanks grunggy and Grandhipal!

I'm going to try to get my fingerprints done tomorrow, and I guess Mrs Green will have to wait!

I wonder if they will let me do it earlier than my appointment! I've seen some people get away with it!

Hi Mr. Green,

I am faced with a similar problems and have similar questions on fp as you. I got biometrics code 3 appt but no notice for husband. My appt is set for Oct 19. I did not try calling their helpline but have been trying to figure out what this means.

Its alarming to hear that they might not process his until my case gets approved. That's terrible.

BTW, my fp notice said any Wed "after" day of appointment. So I guess I cant even try to go early and get my fp done. Good luck with yours. Let us know how it goes.

Tinta
----------------
LC approved Aug 05
140/485/AP/EAD ND 9/2/05
Lud for all 9/6/05
Biometrics appt 10/19/05 only for me. Not for spouse :confused:

Tinta said:
Hi Mr. Green,

I am faced with a similar problems and have similar questions on fp as you. I got biometrics code 3 appt but no notice for husband. My appt is set for Oct 19. I did not try calling their helpline but have been trying to figure out what this means.

Its alarming to hear that they might not process his until my case gets approved. That's terrible.

BTW, my fp notice said any Wed "after" day of appointment. So I guess I cant even try to go early and get my fp done. Good luck with yours. Let us know how it goes.

Tinta
----------------
LC approved Aug 05
140/485/AP/EAD ND 9/2/05
Lud for all 9/6/05
Biometrics appt 10/19/05 only for me. Not for spouse :confused:

The person I talked to was not accurate with her information, so don't stress out!

My fingerprint notice also says to stop by on Wednesdays after my appointment date. I'm going today just for fun :D