• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Does thePolice clearance certificate require for an army officer after UN mission for an interview?

What do you mean by welcome letter - welcome to who?

i mean welcome letter sent to dv lottery winner by someone(relatives) in the united states stating that they will support the lottery winner upon arrival to find job and something like that...

i mean welcome letter sent to dv lottery winner by someone(relatives) in the united states stating that they will support the lottery winner upon arrival to find job and something like that...

That's call an affidavit off support I will get u the link later.

If someone is willing to support you financially they fill out an I-134 (http://www.uscis.gov/i-134). Be careful to follow the instructions that are available from that link.

can we go to other place while entering united states other than stated in where i intend to live in the united states??

can we go to other place while entering united states other than stated in where i intend to live in the united states??

Yes. Wherever you land first will be your point of entry and that is where your paperwork will be processed. Then you are free to travel wherever you like. The address you give on the forms (and confirm at the POE) is simply where your GC will be sent.

Yes. Wherever you land first will be your point of entry and that is where your paperwork will be processed. Then you are free to travel wherever you like. The address you give on the forms (and confirm at the POE) is simply where your GC will be sent.

thanks britsimon.. you are an encyclopedia....

my interview is at around mid January but my medicals were not clear yesterday, though my wife's was clear and gave her a package.. they have said that i would take two months to get my medical report.. so what happens now? i am really confused... what happens in the interview date and what will the visa officer do?? will they reschedule my interview date?? please explain me in detail...

my interview is at around mid January but my medicals were not clear yesterday, though my wife's was clear and gave her a package.. they have said that i would take two months to get my medical report.. so what happens now? i am really confused... what happens in the interview date and what will the visa officer do?? will they reschedule my interview date?? please explain me in detail...

Assuming you don't think there will be an issue with the medical, you should attend the interview as planned. Because your medical won't be ready your case will be in AP pending the clear medical report. Once that is sent to the embassy you will then be contacted to get your visas. This option risks your interview fees on the assumption the medical will be clear.

If you have a concern about the medical then you could postpone the interview until it is all clear, but that is riskier and less convenient as you cannot guarantee a quick interview once the medical arrives - and meanwhile the visas could hit a cutoff.