Does the District office initiate other background checks?

moody22

Registered Users (C)
I have a question for experts here:

Do the district office initiates other checks rather than the FBI name check FBI finger print check and the IBIS check?

These are the checks mentioned in the USCIS website fact sheet, and the ones they may cause the delays.

But i have another situation here: I was able to find out that my fingerprint & FBI name check were finished and delivered to the CIS in 2004, and the IBIS was already performed prior to get my I-751 approval last September.

Yet, when I took this INFO to the Citizenship supervisor, he said we already have the above checks, but we do other investigation through multiple agencies, and it may take long time” I’ve been waiting since 7/04”, and simply he said wait for final decision.

What are these other agencies, and why i took these agencies more than two years to finish this crap? Or this is part of the famous CIS pullshit to get rid of me ASAP by throwing out whatever crap comes in thier heads in my face??

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
moody22 said:
I have a question for experts here:

Do the district office initiates other checks rather than the FBI name check FBI finger print check and the IBIS check?

These are the checks mentioned in the USCIS website fact sheet, and the ones they may cause the delays.

But i have another situation here: I was able to find out that my fingerprint & FBI name check were finished and delivered to the CIS in 2004, and the IBIS was already performed prior to get my I-751 approval last September.

Yet, when I took this INFO to the Citizenship supervisor, he said we already have the above checks, but we do other investigation through multiple agencies, and it may take long time” I’ve been waiting since 7/04”, and simply he said wait for final decision.

What are these other agencies, and why i took these agencies more than two years to finish this crap? Or this is part of the famous CIS pullshit to get rid of me ASAP by throwing out whatever crap comes in thier heads in my face??

Regards

yes they can. it happened to one of my workmates. fbi completed his checks however the IO told him at the interview that she will initiate a security check and since then he is waiting. He is from Pakistan and he is a great personality.
hope this help.
Sams68

Sams68 said:
yes they can. it happened to one of my workmates. fbi completed his checks however the IO told him at the interview that she will initiate a security check and since then he is waiting. He is from Pakistan and he is a great personality.
hope this help.
Sams68

could you please verify his time line. and hwo his case ended, if it did ended.

Regards

moody22 said:
could you please verify his time line. and hwo his case ended, if it did ended.

Regards

He applied twice, first time they asked him to withdraw his application because he applied one week earlier after waiting for over 12 month for his interview.
2nd time, which was around August 2005, he applicaion was quick and I beleive his interview was in Feb. and he never heard since then.
Best regards to you and him.

query11. said:
yes moody,they do...i have a document for that which i will upload tomorrow...

Dear query11,

Wold you please post this document, it may help several people here.

Regards,

So what is more depressing / Demoralizing ?

1) That you are stuck in "Actual FBI Namecheck process" althou your IO / DO has best of intention, they can do anything till you get clear from Namecheck ..

OR

2) You was / are clear in Namecheck but your IO / DO "feels like" initiating new background check "just for you" ?

Humbledbychk said:
So what is more depressing / Demoralizing ?

1) That you are stuck in "Actual FBI Namecheck process" althou your IO / DO has best of intention, they can do anything till you get clear from Namecheck ..

OR

2) You was / are clear in Namecheck but your IO / DO "feels like" initiating new background check "just for you" ?

I'm in the second catagory, and that's even more frustrating.

At least if i'm i'm in the name check blackhole, i know why my application is stalled.

But being actually cleared from the name check 2 years ago, and other checks was already performed and looks fine, i don't have a clue why they're holding me up for 2 years.

keep in mined that i never get arrested, nor have any law violations, except some minor traffic teckits 3 years ago.

Regards,