Does RFE for i-485 affect AP processing time?

someitguy

Registered Users (C)
I should be getting my wifes AP anyday now I suppose.
However, we got an RFE for the i-485.

Anyone experience this, and if so did it delay your AP?
Thanks !

I didn't apply for my AP but my guess is that it affects it as much as to the EAD. Check my timeline.

Just make sure you send your missing documents ASAP so that your case could keep going forward.

payala,
May I ask what for u received RFE ? Because we r about to send our AOS package in 2 weeks . Would like not to receive a RFE...Thanks in advance.

We received av RFE and it did not affect our AP or I-485 interview date. We sent our papers in Feb, ND if around the 19th, and got an RFE in mid-March for tax forms for the Affidavit of Support which is original evidence for the 485. We turned that in and they received it on March 31st. We got the AP approval on April 20th, and our 485 interview notice on May 8th.

We were worried too, but for no reason. So don't worry. We are out of the ATL office and they are moving pretty fast. We still haven't got the EAD, but I believe that's because the interview is coming up next week. We did the fingerprints though.

workhomes2003 said:
payala,
May I ask what for u received RFE ? Because we r about to send our AOS package in 2 weeks . Would like not to receive a RFE...Thanks in advance.

We didn't have the 05' tax returns when we filed so we sent the 04 tax returns since they asked for the LAST available tax return. My husband had just received his W-2s so he hadn't filed the 2005 tax returns yet.
It was just something stupid.

Hope everything works out for you!

I received RFE and it delayed my EAD and AP considerably. If you look at my timeline and compare with others in San Jose, i would say it affected my interview date as well.

Well - so yea.

I got through late yesterday to an immigration officer at uscis.gov's customer service line (not sure how though). She informed me that it can be delayed up to the amount of time they stamped it to have the info returned, in our case it's 87 days.

Hopefully we'll get lucky like Gofunky and they will continue the AP approval. That's the most important one to us for now.

Anyone else?

Not sure I understand: up to the amount of time from when they mailed the RFE until they stamped the RFE response?
I'm desperately waiting for my EAD, that's why I'm asking!

No, the RFE said we had 87 days to complete the request. She sid that would be when our case would be revisited. Those Bastages !!!!! lol

someitguy said:
No, the RFE said we had 87 days to complete the request. She sid that would be when our case would be revisited. Those Bastages !!!!! lol

I think they're exagerating big time. Just going by my experience.

Totally agree with Payala. They must have resumed processing fast after the RFE response, because I'm only on day 77 counted from when I mailed the original package and I've already got my interview letter. Only while they are waiting for the response that's when they can't do any processing on your case. You responded quite fast, so I believe your case won't be delayed so much at all. :)

I hope that is the case after all. Just to follow up I made a call today to USCIS customer service to verify the timelines for processing. The rep explained that the National Benefits Center is taking about 80 - 90 days to approve AP now.

I am really frustrated at the time this process takes to move.

I explained my situation:
My wife (here in the US) has 50% custody of her 2 kids (in Canada). Her ex is going on Vacation in July and we wanted to go get the kids prior to that. The rep said that if it wasn't life or death cirumstances, we would be denied an expedited AP. I didn't like her answer so afer much whining she transferred me to an immigration officer. Sadly, he confirmed her answer.

Anyway, here's to keeping my fingers crossed that the delay will be minimal by responding quickly to the RFE.

:)

Hi,
This might help,
mailed I-131,I-765,I-485:15 march
RD:16 march
ND:20 march(Day1)
FP I-765 and I-485:7 april
RFE for I-485 sent:28 april
LUD I-130,I-765:29 April
Got mail for RFE:1 May
reply for RFE RD by INS:19 may
LUD I-485:26 may received request for evidence on 19 May and processing is resumed u will receive a written decision on this case
I-131-Approved:8 june(Day 80)
received e-mail for approval on 9 june(AP in mail on 13 june)
I-765 LUD:9 june(waiting for approval)
info pass app.21 june for i-ead
juno