Does retrogression affect if P3 is sent to NVC but P4 is not received?

Ok my lawyer got back to me again regd. why there could be a discrepancy on which cases move to the consulate:

"If the NVC has completed a case or it was 'in transit,' my understanding is that they will complete what has been done and then send it to the consulate if the PD has a reasonable chance of becoming current. If they have not started a case, my understanding is that they wait to initiate
processing."

The best solution is to write email to Consulate and ask them. They DO reply to email queries. I guess you should be ok as consulate knew well in advance that priority dates are going back and they must have thought of it ( I mean must have a procedure for these situations).

Good Luck.

thats a good idea - is there a particular email id that you write to about the CP case or do i just email the regular consulate email id which is provided on the website

averma said:
The best solution is to write email to Consulate and ask them. They DO reply to email queries. I guess you should be ok as consulate knew well in advance that priority dates are going back and they must have thought of it ( I mean must have a procedure for these situations).

Good Luck.

puhrince said:
thats a good idea - is there a particular email id that you write to about the CP case or do i just email the regular consulate email id which is provided on the website

For Mumbai consulate it is MUMBAIIV@state.gov . For other consulates please check on the web site.

How can change employer before CP interview ?

hi,
i have opted for I-140 for CP , and my case was sent to mumbai consulate for final intervew as soon as assigning the visa number. so far i did't hear anything from consulate regarding Packet-4 or interview due to retrogression. my priority date is : june 2001. i have one question .
1. my company situation in india is bad. so i have leave the company or will be forced to leave any time . what can i do at this stage ?

2. can i go u.s.a on H1b and can apply for visa transfer to another employer ? will it effect my GC process at this stage ?

3. can change employer have similar kind of job title & work in india ?

please advice me .

thanks

All you guys are correct. I'm one of the unlucky or rather most unlucky. EB-1 was approved by NVC, interview was scheduled by US consulate on 27 September and consular approved GC with one most frustrating hiccup - name got hit. Name check clearance required which could not come in 3 days and and fell into retrogression. The consulate got the visa numbers but they cant issue me visa after my name check clearance comes back (4-8 weeks) untill PD (April 05) becomes current, God knows how many years? I was told by the US consular that when my PD becomes current, they will issue visas without any further interview or documentation.

Any one is aware about recent SJC bill? Is there any relief for cases like us? Please update with your recent information. At least emotionally it can be of some help if not practically. " Dil ko bahlanee ka Ghalib khayal acchaa hai"

You guys are at least in US but I'm outside and got the job. My employer wanted me on H-1 but I insisted for GC and the same GC has become a dream due retro? Who knows how many years it may take for 2005 to become current and not sure my employer will wait till that time.

Ek umr chahiyey aah ko asar honey tak!
Kaun jeeta hai tere zulf key sar honey tak!!

Guys, ignore part or whole if you dont like my message

Hi All

I want to check something based on above post.

I went for interview with my wife to Mumbai consulate on 22 Sept

I got my VISA and came back to USA on 2-OCT and this week I recd my Card also.

But my wife's procees was stuck because of finger priting which they did on 22-SEP . We got notification from Mumbai consulate that they recd the results of finger priting from USA and asked her to come on Any working day at 7:30 in morning. My wife is in India and She is planning to go to Mumbai consulate in 1st week of Nov.

Can she be put on hold for GC ... ?

-- Thanks

Undoubtedly, you are the most unlucky

renad05 said:
All you guys are correct. I'm one of the unlucky or rather most unlucky. EB-1 was approved by NVC, interview was scheduled by US consulate on 27 September and consular approved GC with one most frustrating hiccup - name got hit. Name check clearance required which could not come in 3 days and and fell into retrogression. The consulate got the visa numbers but they cant issue me visa after my name check clearance comes back (4-8 weeks) untill PD (April 05) becomes current, God knows how many years? I was told by the US consular that when my PD becomes current, they will issue visas without any further interview or documentation.

Any one is aware about recent SJC bill? Is there any relief for cases like us? Please update with your recent information. At least emotionally it can be of some help if not practically. " Dil ko bahlanee ka Ghalib khayal acchaa hai"

You guys are at least in US but I'm outside and got the job. My employer wanted me on H-1 but I insisted for GC and the same GC has become a dream due retro? Who knows how many years it may take for 2005 to become current and not sure my employer will wait till that time.

Ek umr chahiyey aah ko asar honey tak!
Kaun jeeta hai tere zulf key sar honey tak!!

Guys, ignore part or whole if you dont like my message

I used to think I was the most unlucky, but you beat me thumbs down. But, don't worry things will have to improve. May be another one or two quarters. All the number statistics USCIS is basing their priority dates on would crumble and the numbers would move.

Best of Luck!! I missed the interview in three days for September 05 and I am stuck, I don't know, for how long!!

Changing employer after I-140 & before CP final interview.

Hi,

Now, I am in india working for some company "A" and opted for I-140 for consular processing .

I am just waiting to hear from the consulate about the interview date and to receive packet 4. it is extremely unfortunate that the retrogression happened right now.

My priority date is May ,2001 which is going to take bit long time to become current .

Now my employer situation is very bad and may ask anytime to leave in the next 2 or 3 months. i have the 2 questions below , please advice if anybody has idea..

1. Can i change the employer in india at this stage having similar kind of job & description in my new job since i have applied for consular process ?

2. can i go on H1B visa to u.s.a and applying for H1b transfer without effecting my GC process ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

gca2405 said:
Hi All

I want to check something based on above post.

I went for interview with my wife to Mumbai consulate on 22 Sept

I got my VISA and came back to USA on 2-OCT and this week I recd my Card also.

But my wife's procees was stuck because of finger priting which they did on 22-SEP . We got notification from Mumbai consulate that they recd the results of finger priting from USA and asked her to come on Any working day at 7:30 in morning. My wife is in India and She is planning to go to Mumbai consulate in 1st week of Nov.

Can she be put on hold for GC ... ?

-- Thanks

No idea. But please update the forum when your wife visits the consulate.