Does physical EAD card arrive with approval notice?

stucklabor

Registered Users (C)
My wife's EAD approval notice was mailed 8/16 (card production ordered 8/14). Does the physical EAD card arrive separately from the approval notice?

Thanks in advance.

The physical card will come to you separately. It does not come with the approval notice. In a couple years I only received the card while the approval notice went to my lawyer.

Hi stucklabor

My wife's EAD approval notice was mailed 8/16 (card production ordered 8/14). Does the physical EAD card arrive separately from the approval notice?

Thanks in advance.

I recieved only EAD card, still i am waiting for approval notice
approved on 8/02/07..

thanks

I recieved only EAD card, still i am waiting for approval notice
approved on 8/02/07..

thanks

sometimes you receive only card. you probably may not need the approval notice anyhow. Due to any reason you need to apply for replacement EAD due to loss/damage or expiry date, you can use the tear off section which comes with the EAD card package. Good luck with EADs/APs, hope you dont need a lot of them..... i mean hope you get your GC fast.

GC recd: June 07

You receive the card glued to the approval notice. Take anothet look at the document and will see that that paper is a 797 notice of action form.

Card and Approval Notice together

I received the card yesterday and it was stuck (inserted) with what looked like a form which looks similar to when you receive a new credit card.

This white form to which the EAD is glued/inserted is actually the I-797D which is the Notice of Action (Approval Notice).

My lawyer also received a similar notice yesterday but obviously without the EAD card in it. It is a copy of the same receipt that I received. It looks like lawyers get a copy of the same.

Nothing for my wife yet.

Thanks guys.

Adekhne,

I saw that your 485 hadn't been updated beyond the initial receipt Notice Date, so it looks like they sent out your FP also on the same day?

The reason I ask is my case is very similar to yours (NSC->TSC RD 6/25 ND 8/6) and we haven't received our fingerprint date yet. Not sure if they generate LUDs for sending out FP notices.

Received EAD Card

Priority Date - May 2003
I-485 Filed - June 27, 2007
I-485 Receipt date - June 30, 2007
Finger Printing Notice received - August 17, 2007
EAD Card Received - August 24, 2007

Thanks guys.

Adekhne,

I saw that your 485 hadn't been updated beyond the initial receipt Notice Date, so it looks like they sent out your FP also on the same day?

The reason I ask is my case is very similar to yours (NSC->TSC RD 6/25 ND 8/6) and we haven't received our fingerprint date yet. Not sure if they generate LUDs for sending out FP notices.

I did not see an LUD for when the FP was sent to me, and to my wife. We received FP notices this past week. We completed our FP on August 22 and there were LUDs on both our cases on August 22, and 23. I guess the first one is for when the FPs were sent to FBI, and the last one was for when the FP results were received back from FBI. When I called FBI, they informed that the results were sent the same day FPs were received, which explains the LUDs on Aug 23.
Hope you get yours soon.
Good Luck!

We got our FP notices

Adekhne,

We got our FP notices (for Sep 4) and my wife's AP was also approved.

What is the number for FBI that you called to check on your FP results, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats on wife's AP

The number for the FBI line is: 304.625.2000.
It is the general line, and you will have to ask for customer service. Then, I guess it is Option #3 after which you will get connected to an online officer who will ask for your A#, DOB, and Name. They will then tell you whether the results were generated and returned to USCIS.
Unfortunately, they don't tell us the results of the FP as we are not their customer; USCIS is.
Good luck.