Does Phone inquiry hold same value as Fax inquiry

mygcwaiter100

Registered Users (C)
Just want to fingure this out, that if the phone inquiry to the customer service hold same value as faxing a 1st or 2nd level inquiry.

I think they would be different. The 800 number means the national customer service center located in somwhere, not in CA. But, if you fax an inquiry by using the fax number, it goes directly to the CSC located in the southern California. I guess sometimes the inquriy made through 800 does not go to CSC due to the representative' mistakes. Who knows?

I would think that Fax is generally better as it automatically creates a paper trail.

But since we are dealing with CIS, its all probably a blackhole anyways ;)

i got an answer to one my 3 phone inquires (the answer was completely useless)
I didn't get any response to my 5 fax inquires
so, from my experience, phone is better

dima66a said:
i got an answer to one my 3 phone inquires (the answer was completely useless)
I didn't get any response to my 5 fax inquires
so, from my experience, phone is better

By phone you mean the NSC number. Those people sound like some fools sitting and blabbering out whatever they feel like. Sorry for the foul language but that is what they are worth.

you are probably right about NSC people, they can see only on-line status and try to make up any kind of story to fit it to the current status. It is not like they are stupid, they just don't know anything about cases.

What I meant, was that after one of phone inquires I got a phone call from actual officer who was working with cases. The officer politely explained me that my on-line status was a BS and was just a computer generated error.

Paper Trail

As max2k1 says "Paper trail" definitely is better than talking to a CSR who doesnt know anything. I have known people who have definitely benefited by fax.

hi friends

if case is with local office can i do fax enquiry for that.any ways for local office also i need to cal same 1-800 number.
if so please could u some one can give me VSC fax number.

thanku very much

email vs Fax

In my case,

It took 2 wks to get response from email inquiry,
but 2 months to get response from phone inquiry