does paycut effect I-140/I-485 processing

vijaynathg

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

My colleague and myself recently went through pay cuts. We had a 10% paycut effective this month.
I am in my I-485 stage, My notice date: Nov'2001 which means I have crossed the 180 day mark and I am also working with the same company, but I recently went through 10% paycut. Would it effect my file in any way.

And my colleague is in I-140 stage and he too went through the 10% paycut, would hisi I-140 get effected
and also it there a legal law which tells us that anything abt the pay cuts.

would really appreciate your help.

I don't know if you have been following this forum for some time, but according to experiences posted by people after their interviews it was concluded that your current pay stub SHOULD reflect salary as stated in the labor certificate. If not you must atleast be able to garner a letter of employment from your company stating that they will pay you the amount stated in your labor certificate.

I don't think that would affect your I485 in any manner. I checked with my attorney and she said in this bad economy having a paycut is normal and BCIS does not object to that as far as the company still has you on their rolls.

Hope that relieves you of some pressure.. i am under the same CAP.

Adonis

I am not so sure you can be so blithe about it!

For further evidence that the INS is EXTREMELY strict about labor salaries, scan the forum for the last couple of days to a posting on an Interview for AOS. The applicant had to actually come back the next day with a letter from his company with a revised salary.

In this economy and political atmosphere, it is better to be safe than sorry! I STRONGLY suggest, you start preparing the ground works for your company to issue you a letter that states that they will pay you the amount of money stated on your labor! It is easy to say "in this economy pay cuts are normal", but we are not talking about rational human beings, we are talking about dumb ass IIO's who don't know their norstrils from their AHoles! They follow rules! If you don't cut the ice you are out!

While this could be erring on the side of caution! I would rather be safe than sorry!

140 is right , "be safe than sorry" I was also thinking that salary cut should not be a problem but by reading some of the stories on this board I had to change my thinking. It does matter but it is not 100% true some IIOs understand that when we started our GC process with LC at that time salaries were way high as compare to now. You can not get those salaries now a days and no employer will give you commitment that he will give you that much salary.
So the reply to original question would be be ready with all possible answers and cross your fingers.

Hey

Guys:
I had been to the interview and the officer asked the same question regarding the salary .... i went with all the preparations from the websites,etc ... but the officer suggested me to get a letter from my employer and not mention this with words ... he said he would need something in writing to justify ....

i will tell u this though the officer was a jerk!!!

hope for NO RFE or interview

vijaynathg, if there is no interview or RFE, you do not have to worry. But we will never know what is in store. So it is better to be prepared than be sorry and pray there is no RFE or interview.

my husband also had 10% paycut ( accross the board in his company) - but the way it is refected on paystub means it will be ok with bcis - it shows regular wage ( before paycut) - then this week's wage ( the lower amount) - the company's idea being that the paycuts are a temporary measure to keep the company afloat - maybe you could speak to your company about the way the paystub reflects the amount - or check it - maybe they will do it the same way.