Does original birth certificate matters in 485 approval

nalam

Registered Users (C)
Some of my friends 485 has got approved. Their priority dates are oct 2003,Feb 2004. I know they all submitted origial birthcertificates where I submit the affidivate. Mypriority date is also october 2003. Still mine is not get approved.

nalam,

You need to submit only copies of original certificates all the time to USCIS unless they specifically ask for it..

You are OK...!!

nalam said:
I know they all submitted origial birthcertificates where

I pray you mean they submitted "copies" of thier origianl birth certificates. If they submitted the actual originals, they will never see them again. :eek:

I mean my friends submiited copies of birth cerificate and I submitted copies of affidavits.

nalam,

I have submitted copies of affidavits only....!!
M case is approved on Oct 28' 2004.

Good luck

nalam,

I have submitted copies of affidavits and non availability certificate as well and got approved, so you should be fine. If they do ask for orignals you can always send them later

Last edited by a moderator:
Affidevit and copy of originals are good idea to submit. if you dont have originals then affidevit works just fine.

But I have heard from many members that if you submit just affidivit without Non Availability Certificate, they are raising query..USCIS is asking people to submit either Birth Certificates or Non Availability Certificates from the local civic authorities.

right.. I have received RFE for my case where they have specifically asked for birth certificate issued by a competent local government agency . I its absence it said you may submit Non availabilty certificate issued by government agency with two affidavits .

I replied to RFE yesterday .

gcva said:
But I have heard from many members that if you submit just affidivit without Non Availability Certificate, they are raising query..USCIS is asking people to submit either Birth Certificates or Non Availability Certificates from the local civic authorities.

Well, in situations like we have the original BC but some information like last name, year...etc missing it will not be possble to get a NA ceritificate unless otherwise get a new one with the corrections in it.