Does online status change when they send you the oath letter?

Go to the DO and ask for the status of the Oath Letter - sometimes mails do get lost in transit or delivered to the wrong address etc.

Born_American said:
Please share your experience!

Thanks so much,

I had my oath ceremony on 8/4/2005 and the online status still shows my application is pending. It is a good idea to contact your DO directly and see what is going on.

Fingerprint

I also want to know if your status changes online when they send you the fingerprint NOA.

Presario said:
I also want to know if your status changes online when they send you the fingerprint NOA.

Nothing has changed. My online status, even after my oath ceremony, is still showing exactly the same as what I saw at the very beginning of the process (in March 2005). (I just checekd it again 5 minutes ago.)

My suggestion is to search through the forum and find people in the same DO or service center as you. Keep track of their progress. It gives you better idea than checking the online status.

C25b25

D O Indianapolis

PD: Feb 22 2005
FD: May .. 2005
ID: Aug 03 2005
Othe: ?
let me know when you get your Othe date.

I spoke to the immigration officer today at the Indianapolis DO and she said my oath ceremony will probably be on November 4th during the Indiana International Festival at the state fair grounds. She asked me to check back with the office if I don't receive the oath notification in a month. It seems they're planning a large public ceremony that day.

c25b25

I visited INS office last week they said that I can expect oath either in Sep last week or Oct last week or Nov first week. So now it seems like they will do a big ceremony in Nov.

Still not received the oath letter. Will give another two weeks before I contact Indianapolis DO. Please keep me updated on your status as well.

Thanks!

I spoke with INS officer today at Indianapolis INS center, she said I would probably have my oath in Nov or Dec, and she said my case if approved and they haven’t scheduled my oath yet, she also said SEP is already full and she said I’ll get 3 to 4 weeks notice for my oath. For me it sounded like there is lot of backlog in that office. I will keep you guys updated if I receive any letter for oath

I spoke with the INS officer today as well and she still maintains that mine would be on November 4th and to expect the oath notification in the first week of October. As I come under the jurisdiction of the southern US district court in Indiana she said the applicant pool is large and that could be the reason for the delay in scheduling oath ceremonies. I'm from Evansville and I believe even Indianapolis falls under the same jurisdiction.

Today the immigration officer at Indianapolis DO confirmed that my oath has been scheduled to take place on Nov 4th and to expect the letter in the next two weeks.

Good Luck!!!, i will probably visit them some time first week of next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi...My case is also with Indy district office. I hope your correct about the big ceremony in november. I have info pass for 11'th october. I hate to waste two hours of drive from Fort Wayne to ask when to expect my oath ceremony but I dont have a choice. Unless the letter comes in before. Can you keep posting your status.

N-400: 1/14/05
Figerprint: 4/18/05
Interview: 6/27/05
Oath?

Received my oath letter today and it is scheduled for Nov 4th at 1 PM at state fair grounds

Congratulations!!! Couple of questions: Was the letter mailed from Nebraska or Indianapolis? And in which city do you live?

Thanks!