hkg

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Finally my approval was thru last week.
PD: nov 4 2000
ND: nov 23 2001
FP : Jan 21 2002
AD: Oct 22 2002

However, I have one question: I have a pending H1B extension filed in Apr'02..( I have used over 5 yrs H1).
Can I then get my 551 stamping done or
do I have to await for the H1 approval and a valid I-94? I am still employed with the same employer.Have no EAD/AP.

Any insight into this from experienced ppl is highly appreciated.
Thanks
H-K-G

Last edited by a moderator:
NO u do't need H1 approval . Take the receipt with and since you had filed H1 and also 485 was pending u were never out of status or without work visa .

A question

When did your H1 expire, if it did?
If your H1 expired as your posting suggests and you have no EAD how did you continue to work?
Thanks

Me too was in same situation

Hello,

Me too was in same situation. I filed my H1 EOS on May 8th and still pending. I got my 485 approved in Aug and did not had any difficulty in getting it stamped. They never asked me about my valid I-94 / H1 receipt. I just provided them with the I-94 which expired in July. I think there should not be any problem in getting your passport stamped.

Kishore

Thanks for ur responses!

Hi all,
Just like most of you said and esp. Kishore, I had no problem at all for getting my pp stamped.Myself and my wife were thrilled that all the processing went smooth.
They asked if I had EAD/AP. I had none and my H1 had expired Jul02. Nor did they ask me my H1 extension document proof...
Just 2 ADIT pics, notice and passport & I-94.
However I saw few ppl getting their pics returned ...seems like they prefer the pics from the photocenter across the street. I had read in these forums and had also got my pics taken from that place in advance. CSC- SFO.
Thanks for all your responses and best to luck to the awaiting folks!
:)