Does one get a notice when case transferred ?

jaykarandikar

Registered Users (C)
Guys, do the I485 applicants get the case transfer notice ?
or only the lawyer ? Does the AVM / online get updated correctly at a case transfer (unlike FPs) ?

Thanks.

User 'knshah' started a thread a few weeks ago on this same subject

You may want to look it up. If I remember right, his lawyer was able to obtain the transfer information on the phone, while the INS website returned the same littany all along. He seems to be sitting pretty now awaiting an interview at Milwaukee.:)

Thanks Sankrit. So technically, one should receive a transfer notice.

I will just make a trip to the local office just in case.
I am a bit worried right now about a transfer since I will be relocating next week.

Hi jay,
For me online mwg changed(on 10/20/03).
Yet to receive notice from local office.
I heard that it will take any where from 3 to 7 months before receiving any notice. All my friends who had their case transfered
got notices(mailed to them)
Hope this helps
-DJ
RD JAN 03,2002
ND JAN 08,2002
FP OCT 24,2002
RFE generated 9/11/03
RFE Recd by INS 9/30/03
xfered to local office on 10/20/03
AD ?

I saw the change on the website when the case was transferred. I also received a transfer notice soon afterwards. I received the interview notice letter (I know my attorney did not get a copy of this) abotu 10-15 days before the interview.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck......

Thanks guys, thanks sachdev.

I just came back from the Orlando local INS. Apparently the case has not been transferred there. I got a little paranoid yesterday.

They gave me the same status mssg ( RFE received etc etc).
One good thing was, I didnt have to wait hours just to get this update. I was in and out pretty fast, though a lot of people were waiting.

After I move next week, (or as soon as I get my new apartment address) I going to call and file AR 11 for myself and spouse. My wife is going to "hold the fort" here for a month or so and then follow me.

I am hoping that thats enuf, for now.

hi dampak ,
how long did it take for u to get the interview letter after online
msg change?
I guess it depends on which local office it got transfered to.
Thanks
-DJ
RD JAN 03,2002
ND JAN 08,2002
FP OCT 24,2002
RFE generated 9/11/03
RFE Recd by INS 9/30/03
xfered to local office on 10/20/03
AD ?

jaykarandikar

You will get a receipt directly for case transfer as well as online message shows that it was transferred for quick processing. The word "quick" depends on which area you live. If you live in Chicago, it is as good as someone who filed labor petition at the same time.