Does NIW/EA/OR normally require interview in i485 stage?

caiyw

2 days ago got an email from USCIS Texas Center saying they issued a RFE for my and my wife's 485 application. Want to do a quick survey on how many people got their NIW/EA/OR cases transferred to local office.

Does RFE normally mean case won't be transferred to local office? (I will really hate to wait in another line for several month!). Read somewhere that NIW-based case are almost certainly to be transferred to local office. But also read a recent USCIS memo saying NIW/EA/OR should automatically waive the interview. Which one is true (or truer)?

Thanks guys, let's hang in there

I don't think RFE necessarily means transfer to local office. I got my OR and I-485 approved without an interview. If you are NIW or EB1-EA, there is a chance that you will have an interview, since you are not sponsored by an employer. On the other hand, if your petition was accompanined by a letter from your current employer, I don't see how this would be any different from OR.

Rfe

caiyw001

Be patient and wait for the RFE letter, and once you get it then see what is in there. RFE does not necessarily mean an interview. It could be anything such as passport copies, proof of employment in the NIW field, employment letter, Tax returns, W2, proof of legal status for certain period of time and etc. Tell me one thing, have your eceived any RFE (either for I40 or I485) before?

NIW-EB2

I140

RD: 2/03
AD: 5/2004 :)

I485
RD: 6/04
RFE: 12/04 (NSEER Registration Proof)
FP: 4/05
AD: God Knows

value1,

My i140 was approved without any RFE, and the original application was acompanied by a supporting letter from my former employer (although myself is still the petitioner, not the company).

I joined another company last year, but still working in the exact field as stated in my NIW application.

I recently got my NIW based I-140/I-485 approvals without any interview at local office.

Thanks guys, appreciate your inputs.

Recieved the hard copy of RFE, asking to "submit a detailed letter of support to verify that you will indeed continue working within your field of endeavor in US".

Plan to ask HR and supervisor from both my former and current employer to verify what I have done, and write a personal statement (it feels like NIW I-140 all over again!) pledging to devote my whole life to my "field of endeavor".