Does my wife needs a Birth Cert. at AOS Interview?

Trueman999

Registered Users (C)
I have AOS Interview coming up in Feb 2005. In the letter USICS list the documents that we need to bring with us at the Interview. My wife is USC and lost her birth certificate. I need to find out if her US and birth country passport will sufficient at the Interview? Or do i really need the birth certificate at the Interview? Anyone with the Info please help!!!!

Yes

You need the ORIGINAL birth certificate. My husband is a USC and I thought his passport would suffice but the immigration officer asked for his original birth cert during the interview. Luckily, we managed to get his parents to send us one just in time. Contact your wife's state birth registry and ask them for a certified copy.

this shows the importance of preparation before the interview.

If you think it might be important to show, bring it.

Also anything that was sent in the application the originals should be brought as well.

But what if the USC is Naturalized citizen? then will original Citizenship certificate will be okay??

Please advice.

Birth Certificate is required for I-130. Naturalization certificate is required for I-485. If your I130 is already approved, just take the approval notice and no need to take the birth certificate. However, if your I-130 has been filed with I-485 and has not been approved yet, YOU WILL NEED THE ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Do not go without it. They will send you back with an RFE on your application.

We filed all i751, advance parole, i 130 and 485 together. I am the sponser USC and my wife on H1b (she has all her certificates, birth, education etc). I am naturalized USC and cannot find me Birth certificate (issued in india)

Will I need to have my Birth Certificate at interview?

Thanks