Does my previous H1 issue (221g) cause any problem in getting stamped currently?

peacocklover

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Here is my case description and I would greatly appreciate if you can share your experience in case if you already faced the similar issue or knew somebody who had similar situation and passed through successfully.

I had a VISA denial under 221(g) in the year 2001 due to some employer documentation, got job out side of India and I got H1B stamped outside of India in year 2005 with US employer 'A' . I came to US and I changed my job to the employer 'B' who transferred my H1 first and then to employer 'C' . My current H1 is transferred to employer 'C' , got new I-94 with my H1 approval until the end of 2010 though visa stamp in my passport is expired. I'm planning to travel outside of USA on business so I'm thinking to attend for H1 VISA stamp in my passport either in Mexico or Canada?

Does my previous H1 issue (221g) cause any problem in getting stamped currently?

Thanks

If the reason for 221(g) is only based on employer documentation, you should be okay. If it is based on you personally (highly unlikely as 221s are usually issued for employer/employment related reasons), you will have to clear 221(g).

When you go for your stamping, carry all previous 221(g) paperwork with you. If the consular office points it out, stay calm and explain it clearly.

Greatly appreciate for your response and moral support. I have all relevant present and past work experience and client reference documents along with my H1 approval docs. I would certainly act as per that situation with facts.

I had my first and last successful H1 Visa stamp when I was working at outside of India, I had 221(g) experience with Chennai embassy in the past.

Do you think that my first outside H1 VISA stamping would create any problem if I attend in Mexico or Canada ?

Generally speaking, stamping in any country other than the country of origin has problems of its own. The most frequently occuring problem seems to be with status verification. In your case, you would not have got the visa in 2005, had 221(g) not been cleared. So, I am guessing that if you did not violate any status previously, have all evidence, etc., you should be fine.

Generally speaking, stamping in any country other than the country of origin has problems of its own. The most frequently occuring problem seems to be with status verification. In your case, you would not have got the visa in 2005, had 221(g) not been cleared. So, I am guessing that if you did not violate any status previously, have all evidence, etc., you should be fine.

Thanks for your valuable response.

I was denied under 221(g) in year 2001 and got VISA issued in year 2005 for another petition in US embassy outside of India. I have all required documentation now with my current petition, planning to attend in Mexico or Canada as per upcoming business travel plans.

I will keep posted here with my experiences.