Does LUD change after a call to NSC???

InGCTrap

Registered Users (C)
I've called NSC for the status on 485 yesterday(01/25), afternoon.
Now this afternoon(01/26) I see LUD on both myself and my wife's
485 as 01/26/2007.

Does LUD change after call or am I feeling lucky??

InGCTrap said:
I've called NSC for the status on 485 yesterday(01/25), afternoon.
Now this afternoon(01/26) I see LUD on both myself and my wife's
485 as 01/26/2007.

Does LUD change after call or am I feeling lucky??
Yeah - LUD does change after you call Cust Service. (in most cases - obviously like anything related to USCIS, you have exceptions to any darn theory to make guessing not worthwhile !!!)

Not really. I have called many times and it stays as it is. Only when they work on your case will there be a change.

LUD chnaged thrice

Ever since the call, LUD changed thrice in past 5 days.
First it changed on 01/26(Fri), 01/27(Sat!!!) and 01/29(Mon) for both mine and wife's 485 application.
Does it mean I'm inching towards approval??!!

InGCTrap,

Did you call to customer service for case status? or you talked to Immigration officer in Nebraska??

Did you means this sequence

1-800-375-5283

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 bypass intro
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have

Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3

Listen to the options-

Option 4

You get transferred to NSC/VSC

InGCTrap,

Any other LUD or update on our case?

One of my friend also experienced same thing. He called up NSC on 1/25 and he got LUD's on 1/26. 1/27 and 1/29. His case is pending in Nebraska Service Center.

You may be lucky.....

Well, I called USCIS-NSC to find the status of my case since it is outside their current processing timings. They are now processing July'06 and my case was May 15th'06, I talked to custer service center folks, they took info about my case n my wife case then I got response back from USCIS t'ru email saying that my case is still pending due to security check (so called NAME CHECK by FBI but my wife is all set n pending for officer review).

To make long story short, though I have contacted USCIS customer service center but LUD on my case or my case never got changed. It's been a month since I contacted them.

You are right Rockme.Even I called NSC couple of times yesterday .First time didn't get good response and called again after couple of minutes.Second time got a good response atleast saying pending due to security check (so called NAME CHECK by FBI ).

I don't know when it will be cleared from security check.

Case details:
Labor PD :Feb 2001
I140 AD :Sept 2005
I485 FD :May 1st 2006
AP,EAD : Jun 2006
FP :July 2006

There is no LUD when I called for the status enquiry; I received a letter with the following response.

"The status of this service request is:

This letter is a response to your correspondence regarding the I-485 file on your behalf. Your application will be processed pending availability of a Visa. Please refer to the department of state website, www.state.go/travel to determine current visa availability dates. We regret any misunderstanding. If you do not receive a decision or notice of other action within our current processing time, check our website for an update or call customer serivice at the number below."

IS this means my name check is cleared?

LUDs on 3/26 & 3/27 (I-140 PP)

For my I-140 NSC received RFE response on 3/26/07 and on 3/26/07 there was a Case status change on USCIS web site: "Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed."

There were two LUDs in a row:
1) on 3/26/07 (This is for RFE response received around 3:00pm)
2) on 3/27/07 (Around 10:00AM, is this the indication that they are close to make a decision)

Based on your experience and considering that it is a Premium Processing case Do you think that two LUDs in a row is indication that they are about to make a decision in a day or two?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received the response to status inquiry on 3/26/07.
The response says " the case is awaiting review by an officer and the service is waiting for visa availability."
Any comments on this statement would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I140/I485 RD(EB2, Nonretro): June 23, 2006, I140 : Approved on 10/12/06, LUD 11/06/06
Background check pending as of Jan 27, 2007