does LIN number matter?

budong

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I find a lot of approvals posted LIN 00-145-xxxx type of number. does the LIN number implies why some cases faster than others? I saw a lot RD in 3/00 and 4/00 approved. My case is 2/00 and LIN 00-106-xxxx still in darkness. I talked to IIO this morning, the most supprising thing I was told is not that my case still no progress, but that he claimed NSC still process 8/99!

No Title

The LIN number indicates when INS got the application. The 00 indicates year 2000. The 105 indicates the day. I believe the count the beginning of the year from beginning Oct of the previous year or some month close to October.

Not surprising what the ILO told you. They are not much help. Given the way approvals are coming, you should get this at any time. I think they want to stay true to the 440-480 time frame they give out and just subtract back from the current date.

Hang in there. Sometime soon!

No Title

It matters more than RD or ND since it does not counts week-ends and holidays.....
++++++

Illustration of System LIN-00-001-50001:
                 00: Represents the fiscal year the case is receipted.
                 001: The first day of the fiscal year, 10/01/FY. It only counts so-called computer working days
                 excluding week-ends and holidays. The ending date of any FY is 265, 09/FY.
                 50001: The particular case number.

Courtesy of:
  http://www.immigration-law.com/Processing-Times.html

No Title

Lin number is also based on the receipt. You might find a bunch of lin\'s approved together, could be due to the files being kept together and assigned to officers in a bunch.

They are supposed to process in a FIFO basis, but as you probably noticed they don\'t follow it to the word.

No Title

My LIN number LIN 00 095. I am also waiting for approval. When I called IIO a week ago, she said that they moved my file but haven\'t assigned to officer.

NSC, India, EB3, PD: June 20, 1997, ND: Feb 20, 2000, FP: Dec 26, 2000, AP : waiting for approval

No Title

Does category(EB1) makes difference? If yes, how to find out as my Receipt (I-485) does not mention it anywhere. Filed I-485 on 3/15 under EB1. India.
-PinWait

No Title

Hi all,

I have filed I-495 with NSC, EB2 the RD is 01/16/01 and ND is 02/07/01. But the LIN is as follows. LIN-01-096-XXXX. Can somebody explain, why it is assigned 096, even though the ND is 02/07/01. The number of days counted upto the ND(02/07/01) is less than 35 working days in year 2001.

Thanks,
Srinivas

No Title

Hi all,

I have filed I-495 with NSC, EB2 the RD is 01/16/01 and ND is 02/07/01. But the LIN is as follows. LIN-01-096-XXXX. Can somebody explain, why it is assigned 096, even though the ND is 02/07/01. The number of days counted upto the ND(02/07/01) is less than 35 working days in year 2001.

Thanks,
Srinivas

No Title

funny IIO answer. what moving file means?! from this shelf to another? sounds NSC officers are all pretty idle and try to find something to do. kidding.
seriously, anyone has any idea how long after a case being assign to an office will it be processed, usually?

No Title

The Fiscal year 2001 strats in OCTOBER year 2000 so if you\'re 096 it should be 96 working day (exclude weekends & Holidays)
      from
         that time it comes out Mon 2/12/00

you can use MS project
   PUT strat day as 10/1/00
   and Duration 96 you get
   the exact date. (thanks to NewGuest)

Please read my other post for more or use this link
    http://www.immigration-law.com/Processing-Times.html