Does level II inquiry/ 800 NC phone call change LUD date???

fine&jadwin

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
The question is in the title of the thread. Please share your experience (in how many days after the fax/ call the LUD was changed, did you receive any response/acknowledgement, etc)

fine&jadwin said:
Hi,
The question is in the title of the thread. Please share your experience (in how many days after the fax/ call the LUD was changed, did you receive any response/acknowledgement, etc)

If you can prove that the sun rises because the cock crows, then you can prove that a fax/call to BCIS changes the LUD.

Suffice it to say, there is no correlation between the two.

I have seen (my case) the LUD change within hours for a phone call. For level 2 fax I sent 2 weeks back there was no impact.

I specifically asked for some concrete examples (experience), not for the overgeneralized statements. Having been in this processing mess for years we all have our own views
(perhaps sometimes those views are not very close to the truth, who knows..), so I pay more attention to the real facts...

In my case (May 2002) the LUD changed from May 2004 to August 2004 two days after I called AND sent a fax. Since my name check was cleared only 6 days after this recent LUD date I doubt that it is related to the processing.

485_if_ever said:
If you can prove that the sun rises because the cock crows, then you can prove that a fax/call to BCIS changes the LUD.

Suffice it to say, there is no correlation between the two.

concrete examples and correlatations -

I eat beans, i get gas.
i get gas, i fart.

either way USCIS gives me the runs

It is just great that your brain is capable of producing such a masterpiece.

Fart, my friend, fart. What else could you do :)

notxer said:
concrete examples and correlatations -

I eat beans, i get gas.
i get gas, i fart.

either way USCIS gives me the runs

After sending my fax to INS, there was no change in LUD, but about 30 days later it did change. Shortly after which I received a letter from INS dated around the time of the change, asking me to STOP bothering them with my faxes.

So my 'guess' would be on the lines of fax inquiries not changing the LUD's but if the fax is acted upon then there will be a change in LUD regardless of the outcome of the touch.

No idea about 800 number LUD changes.

It is nice to want concrete examples and correlations, but this is the INS we are talking about, and what is sauce for the goose is NOT sauce for the gander! So other people's experiences need not be reflected in your individual experience. Taking that into consideration, vastly generic statements might just fit the bill here.

This is great news never heard CIS returning faxes. Did they reply to level 1 or level 2 fax inquiry?

140_takes_4ever said:
After sending my fax to INS, there was no change in LUD, but about 30 days later it did change. Shortly after which I received a letter from INS dated around the time of the change, asking me to STOP bothering them with my faxes.

Shoot. So what are you doing now ? Just waiting ?

Good luck.

Same with me too.

Telephone inquiry to 1 800 number or Fax inquiry doesnt necessarily initiate the LUD changes until, the officer opens up the file and send's u the reply either by letter or by making a call.
It happened twice in my case.

485_if_ever said:
Actually, he was approved around 2 weeks back.
:D Sometimes good things happen to bad people. :D

But the experience and advice still stands. Don't worry too much about LUD's they aren't worth the bandwidth they occupy. Here is the process I followed, again, not sure if it garnered my approval, but it definitely dint harm it:
1. Send a fax with an articulate letter asking for the approval, and completion of all formalities.
2. If you don't hear back from them in 3 weeks, repeat 1.

The pattern so far seems to be an initial letter/call/fax saying get off our backs. But the experience so far has been good in terms of something good transpiring due to the faxes. So I definitely advice you to keep the pressure up.

LUD's on the other hand are a joke and need to be treated as one. Doesn't hurt/harm if your file is touched or not. The system is notorious for being inaccurate. So even if your case was touched it might not reflect the LUD.

Missing cases on the other hand are a totally different story.

Good luck with your approval.

I thought that I saw your approval thread but was not sure.
Good to hear about your approval :) . I think your advice makes total sense.

140_takes_4ever said:
:D Sometimes good things happen to bad people. :D

But the experience and advice still stands. Don't worry too much about LUD's they aren't worth the bandwidth they occupy. Here is the process I followed, again, not sure if it garnered my approval, but it definitely dint harm it:
1. Send a fax with an articulate letter asking for the approval, and completion of all formalities.
2. If you don't hear back from them in 3 weeks, repeat 1.

The pattern so far seems to be an initial letter/call/fax saying get off our backs. But the experience so far has been good in terms of something good transpiring due to the faxes. So I definitely advice you to keep the pressure up.

LUD's on the other hand are a joke and need to be treated as one. Doesn't hurt/harm if your file is touched or not. The system is notorious for being inaccurate. So even if your case was touched it might not reflect the LUD.

Missing cases on the other hand are a totally different story.

Good luck with your approval.