Does it really take from 6 months to 1 year to receive the plastics card?

LA_GC

Registered Users (C)
My case employment-based adjust of status case was transferred from CSC to LA in August and it was approved in January at the interview but I have not received the card yet.

I called the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 and the immigration officer told me it would take from 6 months to 1 year to receive the welcome notice and the plastic card and that was why the passport got the approval stamp which would expire in a year.

Does it really take all that time to receive the cards for the interview?

LA_GC said:
My case employment-based adjust of status case was transferred from CSC to LA in August and it was approved in January at the interview but I have not received the card yet.

I called the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 and the immigration officer told me it would take from 6 months to 1 year to receive the welcome notice and the plastic card and that was why the passport got the approval stamp which would expire in a year.

Does it really take all that time to receive the cards for the interview?

My friend was told that it will take 4 to 6 months to get the card. But, he got it in 2 weeks. May be he is lucky.

For my case, I got plastic case 18 days after interview.
2/17 : approval in S.F
3/7 : got plastic card.

Was it requested directly from S.F. office? Or did they send your case back to CSC?
Was your online status changed? (Mine is still the same that it got transferred from CSC to LA)

KKJ said:
For my case, I got plastic case 18 days after interview.
2/17 : approval in S.F
3/7 : got plastic card.

After getting Approval(2/17), looks like that my doc. was sent to CA
service senter.

2/17: got approval in S.F.

2/24: changed status
(a little bit surprised.. why it is taking 660 days after approval..
but it turn out that this message means that CSC received doc from
S.F)
On February 24, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is
taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case.
We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete

2/28: Status changed
On February 28, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

3/4: Status changed
On March 3, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the
applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed
and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update
your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer
Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

3/7: received plastic card.

KKJ, thank you so much for the info.
So is it only a matter of LA being busier than SF?

Thanks again

KKJ said:
After getting Approval(2/17), looks like that my doc. was sent to CA
service senter.

2/17: got approval in S.F.

2/24: changed status
(a little bit surprised.. why it is taking 660 days after approval..
but it turn out that this message means that CSC received doc from
S.F)
On February 24, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is
taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case.
We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete

2/28: Status changed
On February 28, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

3/4: Status changed
On March 3, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the
applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed
and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update
your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer
Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

3/7: received plastic card.

Hi All,

I visited LA office this morning through an InfoPass appointment to ask about the status of the plastic card, and the officer, like the 800-number customer service, said it would not take less than 6 months, also the officer told me that the file had not left the adjudicator officer. So, should I really wait for at least 6 months? Or are they just saying so to stop the following up with them?

Also, I am planning to move out from my current residence, how can I let UCSIC know the new mailing address so they would send the plastic card to the new address?

Your help will be appreciated so much.

plastic card

The last time I was checking this website, people were getting their card within a month of approval. You should get it within a month ; )
Address change: My understanding is that you need to fill out the address change form however that is not enough, you need to call them and let them know as well...Sorry, this is all I know...
Don't change address if you can!!!! One of my family members has been waiting for 2 yrs now...he got approved in east coast...It is up to you...
BTW, I am still waiting for my interview and I have a question for you...My case was transfered to LA office in Feb-26-05...Do I get a letter from them for the interview date or they let my lawyer know or they update the status on line...Thanks for your help!

lorestan said:
The last time I was checking this website, people were getting their card within a month of approval. You should get it within a month ; )
Address change: My understanding is that you need to fill out the address change form however that is not enough, you need to call them and let them know as well...Sorry, this is all I know...
Don't change address if you can!!!! One of my family members has been waiting for 2 yrs now...he got approved in east coast...It is up to you...
BTW, I am still waiting for my interview and I have a question for you...My case was transfered to LA office in Feb-26-05...Do I get a letter from them for the interview date or they let my lawyer know or they update the status on line...Thanks for your help!
lor,

It has been more than 2 months now and I have not received it yet, I think I just have to wait a couple of months!

Regarding the interview letter, they send to both of you and your attorney, in my case, my attorney got the letter first.

Thanks!