Does it mean Name check Completed ?

GOODLUCKIN2005

Registered Users (C)
After FP, yestarday 485 status changed

On March2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case...blah blah...

Does it mean Name check is also completed or do we need to find out ? or is it a separate process ?

Does message also changes after name check ? like FP status...

your inputs are very much appreciated

:confused:

No. This just means your FP results from the FBI are received by the USCIS.

Good luck.

GOODLUCKIN2005 said:
After FP, yestarday 485 status changed

On March2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case...blah blah...

Does it mean Name check is also completed or do we need to find out ? or is it a separate process ?

Does message also changes after name check ? like FP status...

your inputs are very much appreciated

:confused:

Thanks for your input

There is going to be another status update after name check ?

Or do we need to find out by calling FBI ?
Is it a std. process calling for every one ? how long we have to wait after FP ?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This is not clear to me. I think we give our FP results at the USCIS office. Why do USCIS receive the same again from FBI ?

july022004 said:
No. This just means your FP results from the FBI are received by the USCIS.

Good luck.

Roaringbull,

You gave your FPs to ASC. They send to FBI and the FBI sends the results of the Criminal Database check back to USCIS. Then USCIS updates the status of the case and you see the message "FP Results Received... Processing resumed..".

GOODLUCKIN2005,
You can send a mail to FBI to see if your name check has been completed. You can send e-mail to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov. Send your name, DOB and A#. You should get reply in 12 weeks. You can send the request anytime. Earlier the better.

RoaringBull said:
This is not clear to me. I think we give our FP results at the USCIS office. Why do USCIS receive the same again from FBI ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that mean FBI has already checked your name for the criminal records, right ? Else, when does the name check take place and what is the procedure for the same ?

Please give more details.

Dear GOODLUCKIN2005,

Could you please post some details like when you gave the fingerprints and when the message got updated for your case.

Last week, we (self and spouse) provided the fingerprints and for our cases the LUD has changed but there is no change in the message like that of yours... I'm getting worried if there are any issue/s.

TIA

CaliGC said:
Dear GOODLUCKIN2005,

Could you please post some details like when you gave the fingerprints and when the message got updated for your case.

Last week, we (self and spouse) provided the fingerprints and for our cases the LUD has changed but there is no change in the message like that of yours... I'm getting worried if there are any issue/s.

TIA
Hi CaliGC

We gave our finger prints on 25th Feb 2005 and message got updated only today.
Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Myself and my wife fingerprinted last week; after that i saw LUD change twice for me (03/04,03/07) and for my wife (03/07,03/08) on I-485 but there is no message change , still shows the following. does anyone know what is going on

Thanks

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on December 30, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Name check and FP are different

Roaringbull,

Name check and FP are two different things. May be I misworded my previous posting. Name check us done against a different database where your Name and approximate DOB is checked for any criminal activity. Name check is an exhaustive search. If your name is present and there are some other names associated with your name (e.g. You were witness to a case, then all the primary parties on the case), all those names are also checked in that database.
Where as fingerprints are checked against the FP database and only your and yours only FP is checked for a match. Name check may happen anytime. Usually USCIS sends the request for the name check within a couple of months of filing 485. I am not 100% sure if LUD gets updated when the Name check results are received. But my guess is it would. If you notice there is one LUD change immediately after your file 485. May be that is from the Name check results. BUt I am not sure. Remember name check may take anywhere from 1 day to 21 months (yes. There are many examples).

There are many threads on the Name check process, one very useful is by Rahul Kumar in the Citizenship section. Please refer if you are interested in getting more information

Good luck.
RoaringBull said:
Does that mean FBI has already checked your name for the criminal records, right ? Else, when does the name check take place and what is the procedure for the same ?

Thank You!!!

Dear Roaringbull, GOODLUCKIN2005 Thanks-A-Million for your quick replies, I'll wait for couple more days to check back if the message changes.

TIA

Thank You 'July022004'

Thanks 'July022004 ', It is very informative.

Thanks for your time, and It is very much apprceiated.

:)