Does it matter where you schedule your BioMetrics Appointment ?

bsang999

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I have a quick question,when you want to schedule your biometrics appointment, does it have to be at your closest divisional office (your state of residence) or it does not matter where you want to do it?

My problem is that i am consultant and am working in a different state for the next 2 months than where my home address is, so can i schedule the biometrics in this different state? Will my EAD come from the NBC where my application is or from the local office of my state of residence ?

Please advice...

Thanks.

bsang999 said:
Hi All,
I have a quick question,when you want to schedule your biometrics appointment, does it have to be at your closest divisional office (your state of residence) or it does not matter where you want to do it?

My problem is that i am consultant and am working in a different state for the next 2 months than where my home address is, so can i schedule the biometrics in this different state? Will my EAD come from the NBC where my application is or from the local office of my state of residence ?

Please advice...

Thanks.

Hi,

You can take Biometrics anywhere as long as you get an appointment at nearest ASC (application Service center) by calling NBC number listed in NOA.

Regarding EAD it is issued by NBC and sent to the address that is mentioned in your application, mind you though USCIS mail will not be forwarded by USPS.

If you have initiated mail forwarding with USPS then you will need to update the same with USCIS for change of address.