Does it matter if the addresses on my driver license is different from my husband when applying FB ?

appleppp

Registered Users (C)
Does it matter if the address on my driver license is different from my husband's (U.S. citizen) when applying FB greencard ? The addresses are old addresses. DMV will not issue new driver license for just changing address.

Is it required to provide copies of our driver licenses when submitting I130, 485, 756, 131 etc? My driver license is to expire in late February, and it is in renewal process. Should I wait for the new DL to submit the greencard application?

Thanks.

Does it matter if the address on my driver license is different from my husband's (U.S. citizen) when applying FB greencard ? The addresses are old addresses. DMV will not issue new driver license for just changing address.

Is it required to provide copies of our driver licenses when submitting I130, 485, 756, 131 etc? My driver license is to expire in late February, and it is in renewal process. Should I wait for the new DL to submit the greencard application?

Thanks.

Are you sure about this?

I changed address by filling out the form in DMV in last September. I did not get a new driver license.

They should give you an address sticker to attach on your license, or some other paper showing that you registered your new address with them. Did you get either of that?

I don't think I received the above mentioned. But I did call DMV to confirm they have my updated address on file.

By the way, is it required to submit copies of driver licenses of applicant and beneficiary? Do I need to wait for my new Drive license?

DL is not required with the application. However, sometimes they ask for the DL at the interview. Show your passports and hope they won't ask for the DL; if they ask for it and make an issue of the different addresses, you'll just have to explain that you changed it at the DMV but they wouldn't give you a new license. If you have something else from the DMV with your name and current address, like your car registration, that should help to ease the concerns of the interviewer.

Last edited by a moderator: