Does INS accepts BC/NABC given by local indian consulate?

VASU120

Registered Users (C)
Since my mom doesn't have BC as well as NABC(Nonavailability BC) , I got RFE for BC AND specifically asking NABC if BC is not available...
here is my question,

1.Anybody faced issue with INS when they submitted BC/NABC given by local indian consulate?

2. Do we need to get NABC from local place in india?

Thanks in advance..

Hello All,

Applied 130,485,131 for mom and today got RFE for birth certificate.

Here is situation; I have submitted 2 affidavits of birth certificates along with all other required documents except Non availability of birth certificate

1. Affidavit of birth from grandma (mom's mom)
2. Affidavit of birth from Mom's maternal uncle

Unfortunately i couldn't get Non availability of birth certificate. RFE says states like below

"In order to process your application further, you will need to submit a copy of the applicant’s birth cerficate.If the document is in language other than English, you must submit a copy of the foreign language document and English translation. "

Since I can't get Non availability of birth cerficate and have 2 affidavits of birth certificate, what is the easiest way of dealing with this RFE? MOM born in 1949 and since there is no registration of birth before 1960 in India, going to local Indian consulate (Houston) and getting birth certificate will work?

Please give idea, who is in this type of situation. Let’s say I will get birth certificate from Indian consulate then do I need to submit only consulate birth certificate or certificate along with affidavits again?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice

Bc rfe

I'm applying for my parents. Can I get BC from here in the consulate and would it work. I'e 2 affidavits from back home also.

I also dont have BC and I just have affidavits for me. I got RFE to give BC and prove the relationship....

Can I get BC from consulate here also and would it help in getting the GC...

Thanks
R