does husband must present at wife's interview?

yn1999666

Registered Users (C)
My husband's I-485 was approved on 12/20/2004, EB-2. I just received interview notice for 4/14/2005. However my husband just went back to home country and cannot come back on 4/14. My lawyer(American) said it is not necessary for my husband to go since this is employment based I-485. No need to file I-864 or I-134 either.
Is my lawyer right? do I need to wait until my husband come back? Don't know how long I have to wait again if reschedule. Thanks!!!

:confused:

If interview notice did not ask your husband to attend interview, then he does not need to. However, take couple of documents with you so that you can prove, if required, that your marriage is still valid (for example, joint tax return, joint bank account, health card which you got due to your husband's employment, rental lease/mortgage agreement).

my husband's presence is required on the notice

But my lawyer said it could be a mistake by the clerk because local office process marriage based immigration most of the time. so the clerk may not know what exact documents employment based interview needs. He/she just threw all the document to me.

Any idea about the I-134? Thanks for applying to my question. I will post my interview experience on the website once get approved.

pralay said:
If interview notice did not ask your husband to attend interview, then he does not need to. However, take couple of documents with you so that you can prove, if required, that your marriage is still valid (for example, joint tax return, joint bank account, health card which you got due to your husband's employment, rental lease/mortgage agreement).

valid marriage proof

This gonna be a hard one. My husband and I are not living together now due to work reason. He got laid off twice and my work is relatively stable so I didn't dare to change job until his I-485 was approved. I've got a job offer at his city and just wait for the green card to be approved.

Since I work full time and live at another city, I don't have current car insurance policy with him(old one with our name together expired on 10/2004),
or medical insurance policy (old one expired 06/2003). we sold our house in June 2004, although my name was on the contract. Being togher for 4 years(married 2 years), we have tons of pictures and video though. I also have air tickets and detailed phone bills. Do not know if my husband's absence will cause any further suspiction.

how can I prove the fact that my marriage is valid?

pralay said:

yn1999666 said:
This gonna be a hard one. My husband and I are not living together now due to work reason. He got laid off twice and my work is relatively stable so I didn't dare to change job until his I-485 was approved. I've got a job offer at his city and just wait for the green card to be approved.

Since I work full time and live at another city, I don't have current car insurance policy with him(old one with our name together expired on 10/2004),
or medical insurance policy (old one expired 06/2003). we sold our house in June 2004, although my name was on the contract. Being togher for 4 years(married 2 years), we have tons of pictures and video though. I also have air tickets and detailed phone bills. Do not know if my husband's absence will cause any further suspiction.

how can I prove the fact that my marriage is valid?

Take couple of pictures. If you have joint bank account, the statement of that bank account will work too.