Does H4 impact H1??

req_info_useful

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My fiancée is in India and has her H1B petition approved (she hasn't got the H1B visa stamped) and is planning to come to US during first quarter of next year.

i) After our wedding, can she come to US on H4, stay with me for few months as a dependent and then go back to India for H1B visa stamping? What I want to know is, if she coming to US on H4 would anyway impact her already approved H1B petition?

ii) If she comes to US on H1B, is it legal for her to stay with me without working (hence, no salary) for few months and then go to work, assuming her employer would be okay with that?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

After our wedding, can she come to US on H4, stay with me for few months as a dependent and then go back to India for H1B visa stamping? What I want to know is, if she coming to US on H4 would anyway impact her already approved H1B petition?

It won't affect her H1.

If she comes to US on H1B, is it legal for her to stay with me without working (hence, no salary) for few months and then go to work, assuming her employer would be okay with that?

no.