Does Finger print result received mean FBI cleared?

gc_nh

Registered Users (C)
I got an email notification with the following message.

"On March XX, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Does this mean an FBI clearance? Does this also mean the name check is also done?

Thanks

gc_nh said:
I got an email notification with the following message.

"On March XX, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Does this mean an FBI clearance? Does this also mean the name check is also done?

Thanks

NO

outletvolt1 said:
No. Fingerprinting and Namecheck are two different things.

Thanks Guyz,
My follo up question,

How do we know if Namecheck is cleared ? Or Will I be notified that it is cleared?

gc_nh said:
Thanks Guyz,
My follo up question,

How do we know if Namecheck is cleared ? Or Will I be notified that it is cleared?

you will not be notified - if it clears. if your case gets delayed beyond acceptable time - then send an email to FBI on FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov and then wait for them to tell them when and if it cleared. you can also call uscis and ask if name check has cleared for you.

california_gc said:
you will not be notified - if it clears. if your case gets delayed beyond acceptable time - then send an email to FBI on FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov and then wait for them to tell them when and if it cleared. you can also call uscis and ask if name check has cleared for you.
Hi,

My lawyer thinks fingerprinting is the only FBI check! But, the feeling from people here is, they are different. Did we get any clarification about this from the I-485 litigation hearings?

I have sent several mails to FBINNCP since Dec '04 with no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
california_gc said:

For CSC's 485. Which number should we call ?
Based on my experience, using their (800) 375 – 5283, it is impossible to get to a live person. What are the procedures of finding that out ?

And do you think, when FBI checks are fully cleared, 485's LUD will change ?

psangam70 said:
Hi,

My lawyer thinks fingerprinting is the only FBI check! But, the feeling from people here is, they are different. Did we get any clarification about this from the I-485 litigation hearings?

I have sent several mails to FBINNCP since Dec '04 with no avail.
They are working on Nov 2004 emails right now.

california_gc said:
what! there is the dreadly name check waiting - finger printing always clears in a weeks time tops.
There are two name checks - FBI name check and IBIS name check. IBIS name check usually doesn't takes long - it is done after FP.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_nh said:
Thanks Guyz,
My follo up question,

Follow california_gc's advice for FBI name check. For IBIS check talk to officer handling your case.