does fbi name check have an expiry ?

FBI name check expiry

In my case, I learned on Nov. 30 2004 via email (after I-485 approval on Nov. 18 2004) that my name check was done by the FBI and results transmitted to USCIS (CSC) on July 1 2003. My I-485 (concurrent with I-140) was filed June 10 2003.

Hope this helps. Though I would not draw sweeping conclusions given the variability across cases.

memsg

re: FBI name check expiry

memsg, did u email fbi re: the name check?
(if u know) can u tell when fbi says it got ur name check req from uscis?
thanks!

FBI name check

Hi blade_runner,

I first called the FBI name check telephone number (cannot remember now) only to be told by the lady who took my call that FBI had stopped accepting phone calls and faxes for name check queries. So I sent an email with all my details to

fbinncp@ix.fbi.gov

Here is a cut paste of the response I received from the FBI
Dear memsg

I am responding to your email dated October 8, 2004, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

The FBI completed a name check for you on July 1, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC.

Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy, Chief
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division
Since my I-140/I-485 ND is June 10 2003, USCIS request cannot be earlier than this.

Note that I have not left the country since July 2002 which MIGHT extend the validity duration of my name check but who knows for sure?

Hope this helps

memsg