Does everyone applying GC need to get biometrics done?

xyz66

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone, I am applying I-485 based on marriage. I submited my application to San Antonio office on Jan. 11, 2005, and my receipt date is Jan. 27 and fingerprint date is Feb. 5. But for some reason, they didn't do my biometrics. Is that normal? or will there be a second notice to ask for biometrics?

Also, I applied I-131 and right now the processing date is Feb. 2, 2005, but I haven't got any info concerning advance parole yet. No clue what's going on. :(

THanks!

Biometrics = fingerprinting + photo

Did they only do the one fingerprint EAD thing or did they do all your fingers and take your photo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your reply! They only did my 10 fingerprint, no photo taken. Both EAD and AP do not have any information yet.

Are you sure they didn't take your photo? Maybe, due to anxiety, you didn't notice that it was taken while you were sitting on a chair next to the fingerprinting laser/computer. The camera is often right next to the computer and the photo is often taken while you are sitting in a chair in between fingerprints.

Thank you

Thank you for your reminding, that might be possible, but I am not sure though. So how can I find out if I did that or not. also, do you happen to know form I-89, I've heard it's about a thumb nail print thing, is that for biometrics? thanks.

Yes, Form I-89 is to take biometrics. It seems like you have to take it again. Call your local USCIS office or the national 800 number to get clarification.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you have finshed having your biometrics taken. But you can check your case status on the USCIS website. You can create your own account and check the updated information for each application. So if you want to check whether or not you finished getting your biometrics taken, go to the following website: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

In my case, an immigration officer gave me a stamp on my notice of action after I finshed having my biometrics taken. The stamp says:

Biometrics Processing Stamp
ASC Side Code: __________
Biometrics QA Review by ________
Tenprints QA Reivew

And she used her pencil to fill in the blank.

Anyway, if you're not sure about your case, call the National Customer Service Center ans ask your current status for each application or go to the USCIS website and check your current case status by creating your own account.

Thanks!

Hi Kanae, thanks again! Unfortunately, I don't have receipt number. Neither in the receipt letter nor on the back of my cashed checks. I was told that San Antonio Office doesn't have receipt number for their case, only my alien number.

I do have a stamp on my Notice of Action

it says:

FD-258 Completed at CIS/ASC:
On: 2-5-05
QC check completed by:

No idea what that means.

Thanks!