Does error correction through h1-b amendment happen faster than 'change of status'?

Americandream99

Does "Change of Status from H4 to H1" application take anywhere between 14to 16 WEEKS...I.e., 3-4 months. Is that true?

My NY consultant says that the attorney did a second application for correcting the H1B approval received..he says its is to correct the application which got approved for consular process instead of from within USA. Does correction happen faster than 'change of status'?

Can I go to Canada for H1B stamping after October 1 start date? if so, what will happen if I am denied h1b stamping at Canada? Can I re-enter USA on H4 stamp in my passport? Or Do I have to go to Chennai from Canada for H1B stamping?

Please answer urgently. Thanks..

Swetha.

Canadian/indian/Mexico stamping required???

I entered USA on march 10, 2008 on H4 VISA. I applied for H1B on april 1 2008, but my attorney made a mistake of NOT processing it as Change of Status from H4 to H1. By negligence, He infact he processed the case as a new H1 as if I were in India. I received H1B approval with chennai consulate processing.

What to do now! I dont want to go back to India for stamping. What is the easiest way to solve this issue?

URGENT reply is appreciated.

Swetha.