Does EB2 cases getting approved first?

sam99

Registered Users (C)
All recent approvals mostly are EB2 cases. Are they prioritize first than other EB category?

As per my assumption it is irrelevant at the time of AOS. I may be wrong....

:p

Doesn't matter

Mine in EB2 RD 9/14 not approved yet! INS approval is as random as lottery.

EB2 : Being processed first

Yesterday I did a quick count for the approvals in Rupnet for October :
Results : 17 Approved

EB1 : 1
EB2: 11
EB3: 1
Balance : did not specify EB Priority .

From the data it looks like EB2 are being processed first .
My 2 cents worth.

Thanks.

What is the difference between each category? I know I am EB3. Is this based on your occupation? Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Scotgirl

Originally posted by Scotgirl
What is the difference between each category? I know I am EB3. Is this based on your occupation? Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Here is the url link to ur above query: http://www.murthy.com/gc.html

and this will clarify all the EB categories mentioned in the web site.

:p

It is based on Qualification and/or job expirence.
To apply under EB2 you should have either BS and 5 years of experience or MS and 3 years of experince. If you lack these conditions then you need to apply in EB3. It doesn't matter during AOS approval. It did matter when there was cutoff date for applying for AOS. EB2 had later priority date for applying than EB3.

EB cat matters only when waiting for Priority Dates ..
and are the basis for UR 140 approval too...

in 485 stage it does not matter, if U are EB 1,2,3 or asylum seeker or any family based or any other reason for 485...

Thanks to everyone for the answers. I guess I just have to wait. Am always looking for any possible reason that my case might be "fast-tracked". Wishful thinking.

EBx categories: Looking from a slightly different angle:

EB3's: Mostly those guys and gals who r still unamrried who r waiting to get this sucker GC approved soon so that they can move on with a different life

EB2's: Married with/without kid(s) and starting to worry about further more mundane things like house/refi in life (me included)

EB1's: Those who r married more likely to their love of doctorates/Ph.Ds etc. and will now start thinking of their different type of spouse (a guy or gal).

Guys, no offense meant here to any one in any category. Just an effort to lighten the moods......................

dma_va

I like the way you potrayed the different catgories. The site had been kind of mundane all day long for us waiters :)