Does CP candidates qualify for 3yr Ext. (as per new Yates Memo)

H1 Extn

Hi Friends

Q1 : Can someone pls tell me how many weeks/ months prior to Expiration of 6th Yr, applicant is eligible for filing for Extn ?

I have my CP application at the consulate . I'm Planning for 3 yr Extn beyond 6th Yr H1B.

Q2 : Per What I undestood from the Yates memo is - since the Visa numbers are unavailable based on per country quota, I may be eligible for 3 yrs Extn. But incase my PD is not current, (Not "U" unders my category and country) in that case I would get 1 yr extn. Did I understood right. I just get confused with all the technical verbage in the memo. Can someone clarify please ?

Thanks in advance.

1.6 months prior to expiration date
2.see dalranger comment above for the 3 year rfe.

rs

Guys,
Just wanted to let you all know that I got a 3yr extension on my H1 :) :) :) .

Thank you for all your inputs.

Thank you,
Regards,
-DR.

h-1 7th year extension

I applied for my 7th year extension last year and it was approved early this year. I am applying my 8th year extension this month. My attorney informed me that I should qualify for the extension even I am going through CP when I applied for my 7th year extension.
I have one question, my wife's H-1 will expire sometime next year, and if we can not have our green card by then, is she eligible for the 7th year extension or is she eligible for applying for H-4?

thanks for any suggestions

Congratulations!! You should have got this before I applied mine in June-05. I could quote yours and get a 3 yr extension.

garyg said:
I applied for my 7th year extension last year and it was approved early this year. I am applying my 8th year extension this month. My attorney informed me that I should qualify for the extension even I am going through CP when I applied for my 7th year extension.
I have one question, my wife's H-1 will expire sometime next year, and if we can not have our green card by then, is she eligible for the 7th year extension or is she eligible for applying for H-4?

thanks for any suggestions

H1B extensions for your wife beyond 6 years is applicable only if she has a pending labor/I-140/I-485 or CP. Else she can't extend and hence would have to change for H4 if you qualify for H1B.

DalRanger said:
Guys,
Just wanted to let you all know that I got a 3yr extension on my H1 :) :) :) .

Thank you for all your inputs.

Thank you,
Regards,
-DR.

Congratulations DalRanger. That is good news. Which service center do you belong to?