Does Code-2 FP notice mean 485 approval?

svani

Registered Users (C)
I could not find any relevant information on this in other posts, and hence this query. My I-140 was approved recently, and got the Code-2 FP (biometric) notice last week. There are no updates online, and phone-help to USCIS was useless. I had my first FP last Nov which should be valid till this Nov. There was no case status update on that too in my online status.

Why am I now getting the Code-2 FP notice? Does it mean anything?

svani said:
I could not find any relevant information on this in other posts, and hence this query. My I-140 was approved recently, and got the Code-2 FP (biometric) notice last week. There are no updates online, and phone-help to USCIS was useless. I had my first FP last Nov which should be valid till this Nov. There was no case status update on that too in my online status.

Why am I now getting the Code-2 FP notice? Does it mean anything?

Svani,

Code 2 biometrics is a relatively new concept introdiced by USCIS, that is why there is not much information available for you, even if you go an ask someone. From what I do know, I can tell you code 2 means, they will take print of your right index finger, your photo, and your signature. This they will store and use it to order your card, whenever you get approved. I think this is called the rapid card system, in which they collect your biometrics beforehand and you do not have to give these when you go for passport stamping.

However, getting the notice to appear for code 2 biometrics, is not an indicator that you are approved, or will be getting approved soon. They just will store your biometrics and use it to order card for you after u get approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same question because my wife and I just received the Code-2 FP (biometric) notices. Our 1st FP were done in June 04. Thank sertra2002 for the kind reply!

Thanks to sertra2002 for clarifying my doubt. Looks like the waiting just continues...