Does COA trigger change in LUD?

glrao

Registered Users (C)
Please post your experience.. does the change of address triggers change in LUD of the pending case?

Thanks
lakshmanan

I havethe same question. I am also trying to figure out if these changes are due to address change. In my case I have LUD change for I-140, 485 and EAD after change of address. Interestingly, EAD is already received by me.

glrao said:
Please post your experience.. does the change of address triggers change in LUD of the pending case?

Thanks
lakshmanan

This is what I think... if you mail AR-11 form without prope A# then USCIS is not changing LUD or new address on your 485/ead/ap applications. But if you call them and give them new address then only LUD would change.
You will receive a letter from USCIS that address has been changed.

I sent two AR-11 forms, but nothing happened. Then attorney called for change of address and my LUD got changed.

Once you get ead/ap you get A#. Later mailing AR-11 should not be problem for change of new address.

Hope this clarify your q.

based on what i know, it does not change LUds on applications,but even my i-485 dates have changed and i guess there are so many others seeing this, donno what, but something is going on there.

hope whatever it is, it is good for all of us

LUD's did change on all our applications, for me and my wife, after we called to inform change of address.

Also note, sending AR-11 WILL NOT change the address on yoiur application. You have to call the NCS number for the change of address to reflect on your applications.

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:

Once you get ead/ap you get A#. Later mailing AR-11 should not be problem for change of new address.

This is not correct. You get an A# by filing I-485 and this number will be on the I-485 receipt. And sending AR-11 will not change address for your applications. You have to call the 800 number for that.

I had a change in LUD for all my applications in the second week of May 2004, and I think this is because of address change, even though I had called them for change of address long before that.

sertra2002 said:
This is not correct. You get an A# by filing I-485 and this number will be on the I-485 receipt. And sending AR-11 will not change address for your applications. You have to call the 800 number for that.

Thanks for info. I never received 485 receipt so I was assuming A# comes with some approval.
here is what Representative told me when I call them to change the addess.She first asked me if I have sent AR-11, if I have A# etc. When I said no to A#, she asked my EAC#. She took down new address, and later she threw a bomb shell. She said once address gets updated my case would be transfered to the another Service center because my new address is not in VSC. Not to take any chances, I gave her some excuses and asked her not to change the address.Later attorney office called USCIS for the change.

So first mail AR-11 form and then call USCIS for any new address.

Mine LUDs changed

My LUDS were updated on my 485 and 765 approximately 3 weeks after I called. I received a notice a couple of days after the change in LUD. 140 date did not change.