Does Boston INS take I94 when U go for EAD/AP

bkhote

Registered Users (C)
Does boston INS office ( in JFK Building) take your I94
form when you go for EAD and/or AP.
My lawyer says that they did take my I94.
What happens at PassPort stamping after 485 aproval.
Don't you need then???
-- Bandu

If U go personaly, they will take I94??

This is what I learned from our lawyer, If you apply EAD/AP by post then they take only copies of I94 but if you go personally, they will take original I94. I am not convinced and don't want to get stuck with this issue when my 485 get approved and I go for stamping.
BTW I have original I94 stub for my personal record that comes attached on the lower left side of your renewed I797 ( H1B).

-- Bandu

your lawyer is a lier or a fool

I was there today (check my other posting), they didn't take the I-94, only copies of it (make sure you take copies of it). I believe they take it only when going for stamping.

One other thing

Lawyers tend to misleed people and discourage them from doing AP/EAD from Boston INS. That way they can make some money in terms of Legal fees. The AP/EAD forms are very easy to fill and you don't need a lawyer for them.

Your lawyer chose to misleed you by saying that they take the I-94.... what a bunch of crap

I already did it

Actually we already did that 6 months ago.
We got AP/EAD with our lawyer with us. All went well. Now I am expecting 485 approval 3 months from now and wanted to check all the document are in place & found that I 94 is missing .I have all other old I 94 originals only current missing so I don't think I misplaced it .

I think I will go ahead with form I-102 ( for replacement I94). It takes 2-3 months to get new I 94.

If anyone has idea, do we write number on EAD where form I-102 asks us to enter "A#"???.