Does AP approval mean the name check was cleared?

brahmachari99

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday, I got my AP approved. Does INS perform the name check before approving the AP? The reason I am asking is that I took my FP2 earlier this week, so if the name check has already been cleared by AP, am I right in expecting 485 approval soon?

RD, ND, 12/2002
RFE: 4/2004
RFE replied: 6/2004
AP2: 5/2004
AP2 approval: 7/2004
FP2: 7/2004

brahmachari99 said:
Yesterday, I got my AP approved. Does INS perform the name check before approving the AP? The reason I am asking is that I took my FP2 earlier this week, so if the name check has already been cleared by AP, am I right in expecting 485 approval soon?

RD, ND, 12/2002
RFE: 4/2004
RFE replied: 6/2004
AP2: 5/2004
AP2 approval: 7/2004
FP2: 7/2004
First time am hearing of such a thing ...

Logically, one can expect that USCIS is smart enough to link all the name check results to the A# instead of the specific application.

Also based on Garrity's testimony, it does look like name check results are valid for 120 days....so USCIS can screw up and submit a duplicate request within 120 days and FBI won't do the check again...

But, if they submit it after 120 days, then it has to be done all over again ....

Its probably reasonable to expect something within 120 days - if not, maybe there will be a slightly longer delay ?!?

Don't count on it!

"Yesterday, I got my AP approved. Does INS perform the name check before approving the AP? The reason I am asking is that I took my FP2 earlier this week, so if the name check has already been cleared by AP, am I right in expecting 485 approval soon?"

NO.

K.

AP and EAD approvals do not indicate that your name check was cleared, as you don't need a name check for these benefits. I remember reading this on a lawyer's web site, and they were summarizing an AILA brief on this subject. In fact, when you send in your 485, you can also apply for AP and EAD, and these get approved in the usual time frame. If you are waiting for the name check to clear, then you could be in a long wait for the EAD or AP, depending on how your case pans out during the name check process.

They might do an IBIS check though.

I think they do name check when you apply -

i remember reading in testimony that they check name multiple times - first when they receive an application and then before approva
i think they must do that for ead card as upton reciving ead card, one can work anywhere and they must do the check

but how does it matter, name check is valid 120 days so they have to do before approving 485 anywya