Does anyone know the approx time taken for background checks?

In my case it took almost 4 weeks.

assuming it is done after the finger prints are processed by INS. My AVM said FP reviewed and processing resumed on Jan 12th. Since I was sick(it\'s still going on) of listening to the same AVM, I decided to call INS and was able to talk to IIO. She told me that background checks were received on Feb6th for both me and my wife. So I am assuming it takes close to 4 weeks. Last I talked my case wasn\'t assigned :( I am the second last one in PCee\'s July list and waiting (it is killing me).

Ram Mummidi

Your wac number is 280

the 260 - 269 series have 87 approvals out of 120 + 6 rfe

the 270 - 279 series have 12 approvals out of 45

the 280 - 289 series have 0 approvals out of 55

the 290 - 299 series have 4 approvals out of 59

I have a feeling that CSC is going by wac number

I am also waiting patiently / impatiently at times
(wac-01-270)

how did you get a hold of an officer

Hi what number did you call to get a hold of a live person. Many thanks/

Backgound check done?

I talked to an IIO last week. However, she did not know anything about "background check" staff. She said that my case was ready to be adjusted but has not yet to be assigned to an officer. Does that mean the background check has done on my case?

Confused IIO\'s

Sometimes you need to mention FBI check, instead of background check for them to understand what we are talking about. This had happened to me once. IIO had noo clue about background check, but when I mentioned "FBI check", she understood and said they were done on so and so date.
Hope this helps.

soi

Jeanette & PCeeTmp

You can call the CSC at 949-831-8427. If you are lucky you may get the connection during the business hours. I dialed continously for 40 minutes before I got through.
Good Luck.

And PCeeTmp, when I talked to the IIO, she mentioned "background check" and said they were done and not yet assigned. I really don\'t know who does this... FBI or INS. I am just waiting...