Does anyone know how to interpret/form the EAC numbers?

BlueSapphire

Registered Users (C)
So far what I know is that the first 2 digits of the EAC number denote the year of filing and the next 3 digits denote the "day of year" when it was filed. (Please tell me if I am wrong.) And the last 5 digits - I don't know.

What I am planning (fantasizing) to do is to generate EAC numbers such as EAC-03-001-XXXXX where XXXXX can be anywhere from 00001 to 99999. Now 03-001 stands for Jan 1st 2003. And these 99999 possible EAC numbers can be checked from the BCIS website and extract from it the I140 and I485 numbers and their status. Then we can track by checking against those numbers what date range the BCIS is currently processing. It will also tell us how many cases of each day or month have been processed and how many have been pending. That is a big factor to give us hope.

BUT 99999 numbers for each day is too much. It is just impossible to check all those numbers (manually atleast). Does anyone have any idea about interpreting or forming the last 5 digits, so that we don't have to go through all 99999 numbers?

Please post your opinions or ideas.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: