Does anyone have this experience

easyi40

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I cannot believe this one. Does anyone have this experience. My details are follows

LIN-01-263-54XXX
RD: 31st July 2001
FP: 13th Dec 2001
RFE: 17th Sep 2002
RFE update: 26th Nov 2002

I have been calling the automated system every day to just hear this message. Today however, I called the INS and talked to the IIO.

She asked my details and said that the case has been approved on 08th of Feb. She cannot tell me why the system is never updated. I asked her twice that she is seeing the right LIN number. She told me that it is true and also verified the address.
However she would not tell me about my wife's case. I will ask my wife to call up.

Has anyone else faced the problem. We have not received the papers yet.

IT MAY BE TRUE that the system is not updating as soon as it should.

My I-140 got approved on 7th, AVM message updated on 9th late evening and online message was updated on 11th late evening. So keep your finger crossed to get the approval notice or seeing the AVM/online message updated at the end of the day.

I think IIO's info may be TRUE.

I got RFE on OCT 15, but online msg never changed for untill 2 weeks and my Lawer received it on OCT 23. Online msg changed on OCT31 saying they issued me RFE on OCT 15.
so it took almost 2 weeks for online msg to change.

So I think you should be fine.

Congrats on APPROVAL.

----------
SUN.

Trust IIO

easyi40,

This can happen. My case got approved on the Feb 7th and the online message and voice message changed on Feb12th. But, I had come to know about my approval on the 10th itself from Senator's office as well as by calling IIO. So, I think you can believe IIO. BTW, did you check the online message.

You mentioned IIO said AD is 8th Feb, but that was a Saturday. I think he/she meant 7th Feb.

NSC_485_wait

I am in the same situation,
RD July 2, 2001
ND Aug, 2001
FP Dec 2001
AD: According to IIO Feb 12 2003, Waiting for the online and AVM to update

Post your info when AVM/online gets updated.

CHEER UP easyi40;

I think your best bet is to trust the IIO. I've seen various postings whinning about IIO's response to the questions. This IIO has given you a good news. So Cheer up and go for a big party.

If I was you, would not give two hoots to the AVM and Online status. Its like this ... when you're on an intersection and there is an officer controlling the traffic ... follow the officer's instructions .. forget about the signals.

Enjoy ...

It is true

What IIO told was true. I got the letter in the mail today with "approval" on it. Please do not rely on the online or telephone system. They don't seem to be updated.

I am now waiting for my wife's case to be approved.