Does anyone has such experience

thukralrk

Registered Users (C)
I had filed for my 3rd EAD on Sept 17th, I received my approval in mid to late October.

On my EAD card my last name was spelled incorrectly, so I went to get it corrected to the local office and was turned back to send it to NSC.

My attorney sent this card to NSC for name correction in mid November (About 15). So far I haven't heard anything about it. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to correct the name.

Secondly, in the absence of the physical card do I become ineligible to work after Dec 25th (the day my current EAD expires). Though I don't think that it should happen as my EAD is approved and I have incorrect name on it.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

My 2 cents

Do you have the approval notice (the notice in which the card was sent) and / or a copy of the new card (with the last name mis-spelt) ... it probably might help ... Officially, your application for renewal has been approved .. and hence you shd be able to continue to work ...

Please confirm this with your attorney as well..

Good Luck

I dont believe you are at risk. Relax, and if anybody from the INS in so much as mentions that you may be regarded as working illegally (without permit), just threaten them with a lawsuit! They will end up making fools of themselves if they take you up on it.

don't worry

I was in the same boat for my First EAD. I called service center and was told to send it back. But my lawyer told me not to and it's NSC's mistake. one extra initial letter after the name.

I did send it back with one cover letter, EAD and the Form it is with. I waited almost 2 months to get the new correctd EAD, which is 2 days less than the original approval time.

shankar

Especially this time of the year!. Don't expect things happen so fast. I heard IIOs put up so much weight after eating all the turky
and the work is going very slowly as always.
These guys must be sent to Iraq, so that they will be gone for ever, .......!

Last edited by a moderator: