Does any one know if I obtain non-availability of birth certificate from sub-registrars

PKash

Registered Users (C)
Does any one know if I obtain non-availability of birth certificate from sub-registrars office will be enough. I have a tough time getting it from the corporation. Please share your views and experiences.

You need affidavits too

When you get a non-availbility birth certificate, you need to get two affidavits from you parents, uncle or aunt etc.

But is it valid if I obtain from sub-registrar?

Yes two affidavits from my parents along with NAC. Is it valid if I obtain from sub-registrar. Corporation authorities refuse to give NAC.

Why is corporation refusing?

If you give them an application, then they must act on it and give you a decision. Either they have to grant you the BC or they have to tell you (written, not verbal) that they have no records of your birth! How can they refuse to do so? If they do refuse, send an application by registered post, with clear indications that copy has been sent to higher authorities (may be your district collector, or judicial magistrate\'s court) and see what happens!

All this trouble is necessary only if you are not able to grease a few palms at your corporation office!

485filed, it is quite pervasive in Kerala

It is quite pervasive in Kerala. Corporation authorities acting very smart may be because of literacy. They looked at my records and verbally telling they don\'t have my records. Tried through request, influence, money, even met RDO. Nothing seems to be working. Because of this, if I get it from sub-registrar will that be valid and enough?. Does anyone know whther the Registration of Birth & Death act 1969 says they should issue NAC if birth records not available?

PKash, my Non-availability certificate issued from a panchayath in Kerala ...

... is on a pre-printed form with heading:

Form No. 10
(See Rule 13)
NON-AVAILABILITY CERTIFICATE
(Issued under Section 17 of the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969)

So, surely there is a Rule 13 which authorizes a Form No. 10, which is the NAC.

Otherwise also, official communication is not by verbal means. It has to be a written communication. If nothing works, send an application through a lawyer and it will not cost more than what these idiots expect you to shell out to "grease their palms". Let it be official!

Is RFE likely without NAC

I filed 485 at CSC in October with 2 affidavits and school leaving certificate as proof of DOB. My FP appt is 12/22. My DOB is Feb 68. What are the chances of getting RFE , since registering births wasn\'t mandatory in India until 1969 ??