Does any one’s priority date prior to June 2002 but not filed I-485

ksapana

Registered Users (C)
Just trying to see how many of them not yet mailed their I-485 application during June 2007 visa bulletin

Current in June but not filed 485

I am in the same boat. I had to wait until June 10th for my labor certification at DBEC. I sent all the paper work to attorney by June 25th. Unfortunately my paralegal was on vacation last week and another person who was taking care of filings thought my case to be filed in July (how stupid it is !!) and sent it along with July's cases, so that it can reach USCIS on July 2nd. I have been very upset for last 3-4 days because of this. :-(

I am

Looks like there are many last day Jacks like myself whose case was filed friday June 29th and with the same predicament.The sunken feeling of what I missed is setting into me and makes me more frustrated. But if someone believes in destiny here is what happened to me. I had a long planned vacation after 3 long years to India in June but worked out a way with my Lawyer so as to get all my paperwork ready and have my medicals send to lawyer by thursday June 28th. Likewise I overnighted my paperwork and medicals via Fedex on wednesday evening ( paid $72 for 8.30 am delivery instead of $36 10.30 am delivery to save 2 hours). Came to know that the flight which was carrying my document was stalled due to bad weather in Philly and my paperwork reached the lawyers office friday which was despatched to USCIS in the evening. Now what will you call this?? I cant comprehend. I know I missed a huge one ) Thats life I guess , u gotto move on easier said than done.

My Unlucky PD was 2nd June

How unlucky i was!!! My PD was June 2nd 2003 and cutoff was set at June 1st 2003.

Still got lucky for July 07 Bulletin, but USCIS messed up all!!!!:mad:

My PD was April 2003. I sent my documents to attorney on 25th May'07.That stupid attorney didn't even open my packet till June 29th as they were working on Substitute labors for I-140. They thought that they can apply in July but the destiny took me somewhere. Sometimes you have to suffer because of other carelessness.

Huh...its too bad that we missed the boat.For once they opened the doors and the destiny dint work in our favour.

Here is another soul who missed the boat coz of an incompetent lawyer.

Now I came to know, He has a history of missing another colleague's cucurrent processing opportunity in july 2004 like this and poor guy had to wait 3 years to get another chance to apply 485, now in jun 2007.

I see there are many of us with similar experience from thier immigration attorney's .. Can we start a thread listing bad experiences from immigration attorney's with their name and details.. at least it would save some one in the future from jeopardizing their case for no reason.

Is adding such a thread againt the policy of this board?

Our papers reached the lawyers on July 2 nd. So it was too late. But, it was not our fault. The lawyers messed up our home address when sending the 485 papers for us to sign. I mean...pay SOME attention when you are writing something and how hard is it to double check?!?!??? So our mail was lying in the Fedex station for a day, until I figured out the mistake. And then there was that weekend--June 30 and July 1. Whatever! I guess we'll just wait.

I am in the same boat, send the first paperwork without sign june13th, contacted lawyer everyday through email only, no communication was entertained through phone, lawyer send the final paperwork on july 29th for signature, was not in the office, when reached office on monday morning, read the frustating mail from lawyer send on FRIDAY,SAT, SUN saying urgent contact immediatly.
Not sure what went wrong from my side,All this is fate!!!!
PD:NOV2003
EB2,CA