Does all folks with duplicate FP notice did an early first FP??

plasticcard

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Did all of you who receive duplicate FP notices, give an early first FP than the scheduled date?

I am just wondering, because I did an early FP and my friend says that could be a reason!

Suggestions please!!

BAJIS,

did your AVM & ONLINE message change to "FP Notice mailed" from "FP Resumed."?

I did my FP on the scheduled date but still got another FP notice 6 days after the 1st one was done. Web, Phone message has NOT changed, still the I485 receipt notive message with 990-999 days.

I also know some one did the scheduled FP. His Web message chaged to "... FP pending" instead of "...process resumed" as most of others have.

Anyone has a clearer view FP issue: how to handle duplicate FP notice and messages after FP.

My online message and AVM ben updated to "FP received..Process Resumed". It still says the same message even though I got a second FP notice.

I talked to an IIO, a customer rep in the number mentioned in the FP notice and my lawyer. All of tehm says that I should do the second FP to be on the safer side. B'coz it says in the FP notice that if "you fail to do FP, your application will be abandoned".

Thank you, plasticcard!

I thought ingoring the duplicate FP notice was safe. Anyway it does not seem to hurt doing 2nd FP. Any other comments?

bkd52,

I did my 1st FP on the scheduled date of Jan 2nd. Beginning Jan. 8th (till date), the Online/AVM says the following:

"On January 8, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

My second FP notice was issued before INS received first FP result. So it does not matter if you do FP earlier or not.

In the bottom part of FP notice there is note, saying that:

Please disregard this notice if:

1. you have been fingerprinted within the last 90 days,
2. your app has already been granted, or
3. you were under 14 .

I got second FP within 2 weeks from the first one, so the lawyer said that just ignore second FP.
:)

Both my 1st FP notice and the 2nd notice say:

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS NOTICE IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS ALREADY BEEN GRANTED.