does 485 RFE imply name check clear?

nerf

Registered Users (C)
My wife just got email USCIS indicating that a RFE is issued for her 485. While the content of the RFE is unknown yet, does the issurance of a RFE indicate the clearance of name check?

Our 485 were submitted 08/22/2006, 140 approved 01/09/2007. Name check was initiated on 09/28/2006 and still pending per infopass request on 02/28/2007.

Some people say that (sadly) a RFE can be issued without NC cleared, because USCIS can deny if the RFE is not answered satisfactorily without checking NC results. Is this true?

Many Thanks!

Both myself and spouse got RFE (don't know the details yet). Those who received RFEs and got approved later can only tell us wheteh the rfe was issued after NC clearance. You said your wife got RFE, what about yourself(primary) ?

I (as the primary) haven't received any RFE yet. Are the cases of the primary and the dependent handled or bundled altogether?

Both myself and spouse got RFE (don't know the details yet). Those who received RFEs and got approved later can only tell us wheteh the rfe was issued after NC clearance. You said your wife got RFE, what about yourself(primary) ?

Not neccessary

I had a rfe in Septemebr and my name check is still pending. The service center will process your applicatino and keep it ready for adjudication once NC is cleared.

Thank you for the information. It seems that RFE and NC are independent events...:(

I had a rfe in Septemebr and my name check is still pending. The service center will process your applicatino and keep it ready for adjudication once NC is cleared.

Yes as you said those are totally different. They may ask for any originals (birth, marriage certificates.....ets) or something else.