EB3
PD: 8/2002
140/485 RD:1/6/05
EAD/AP: 2/22/05
140RFE: 3/15/05
140 AD: 5/12/05
FP: 3/22/05 - San Jose, CA
485 LUD: 3/23/05

Residence address given is CA but filed in TX since company is in Florida.
I wanted to know if my case will be transferred to CA for 485 processing?
Just wondering if I can avail of faster processing time here in CA.
Can I do anything about it? Or is it better to wait and hope???

Better to wait and hope. If a transfer is required, it will be to the center closest to the mailing address that you provided to USCIS.

>I wanted to know if my case will be transferred to CA for 485 processing?
No. It may be transferred to local office in the end if TSC will have problems with processing it.
My coworker (we both are in MD, 2002 filers) got approval from TX couple of months ago. I’m still waiting...

A question on a similar subject...

I am from NY and my labor was filed from Atlanta. I got my labor approved in Jan '05 and due to the fact that i am from EB3 category and from one of the countries affected by retrogression, i could not file I-485 although my I-140 was filed in March 2005. Now i wanted to know that is it possible/advisable to file I-485 (when the dates are current for my Priority date) in VSC instead of TSC where my 140 is pending with RFE. Someone had suggested that it may delay my 485 application if i try VSC in order to transfer the case from TSC.

On one side VSC dates are faster (which could possibly slow down if i am unlucky ;) ) that tempts me to decide in favor of VSC but on the other side transferring papers can drastically slow down my case.

I will really appreciate your views on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have similar thoughts in 2002 when I filed my I485. Consulted my lawyer, he replied:
“INS is an organization where most of the employees are not bright at all; they can easily screw up absolutely regular case. You're trying to do something that they do not perform on everyday basis. The chances that they will make a mistake are much higher then with regular case.” I decided to file in TSC: don’t have my approval so far. Was I wrong? I don’t know…

Last edited by a moderator: