Documents to send along with N-400 (checklist)

Rahul Kumar

Registered Users (C)
People,

I am applying on the basis of the 4yr + 1 day rule (due to absence of over 15 months with Reentry permit)

Do I have to send in my copies of tax returns for the last 5 years(How can I get older tax return documents from the IRS??)

What kind of evidence do I use to show that I maintained touch
with the US during my absence apart from tax returns?

I was once pulled over and let go with a warning for speeding. How can I get a certified copy of this?

Any suggestions are appreciated..

You can contact the IRS via their 800 number or via the Internet. Use form 4506 to request transcripts of tax returns.

P8085

Can I get the IRS letter 1722 through internet? If so, please post that website. Thanks for your kindness.

Re: 1722

Originally posted by joy02
P8085

Can I get the IRS letter 1722 through internet? If so, please post that website. Thanks for your kindness.

Kindness? Why do you talk like that? Sounds inconfident

joy02
Currently, you can walkin to a IRS office to obtain the tax return transcriots. However, the IRS is going to change this. Beginning from October 1, only the 800 number or 4506 form can be used.

THE IRS INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING TRANSCRIPTS OF TAX RETURNS, COPIES OF TAX RETURNS, OR 1722 LETTERS* IS AS FOLLOWS:

1. Call 1-800-829-1040 and request a transcript by the automated system. Please follow the options listed below.

WHEN CALLING BETWEEN THE HOURS of 7:00 AM and
10:00 PM, PLEASE SELECT THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
· Option 2 (Personal Tax Account)
· Option 2 (Personal Tax Account)
· Enter your Taxpayer ID Number (SSN, ITIN, or EIN).
· Option 1 (Transcripts)
· Enter the Numbers in your street address.
· Enter the year of the Return you are requesting.

IF YOU ARE CALLING AT ANY OTHER TIME,
PLEASE SELECT THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
· Option 2
· Enter your Taxpayer ID Number (SSN, ITIN, or EIN).
· Option 1
· Enter the Numbers in your street address.
· Option 2
· Enter the year of the Return you are requesting.

Your transcript(s) will be mailed within 10 to 15 days
OR
2. You may complete Form 4506, REQUEST FOR COPY OR TRANSCRIPT OF TAX FORM, and mail it to the address indicated on the form. You should receive your transcript within 10 -15 days. (Form 4506 is available at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-fill/f4506.pdf.)

* Note: 1722 letters document information on an individual's tax return.

In regards to "Kindness". It is very polite to say kindness in the case somebody makes a request or is asking a question. There is nothing wrong about it not to use the word kindness. To complain about this word's use is very RUDE.

p8085,

I was NOT complaining. Just remarking. My intent was not to
be rude, just to point out that "kindness" sounded a bit dramatic
for the situation (asking for peer posts). Thats it.

Kudos to ppl like u and the others who take the time to
read and reply to posts

IRS Letter 1722

The document that BCIS specifically requests as proof of your IRS Tax Returns, is called "IRS Letter 1722".

You can call the IRS phone number 800-829-1040, and tell them you need "IRS Letter 1722" for the last five years. They'll know exactly what you're talking about.

You will have to hold for a while, because they'll type this entire letter while you're on the phone.

Unfortunately there is NO information on this letter in the IRS website, and that confuses a lot of people.

Once you get the IRS Letter 1722 by mail, you can get each page stamped by going to your local IRS office in person.

Now, take this ORIGINAL STAMPED IRS Letter 1722 to the BCIS interview, as proof of your IRS Tax Returns, and you'll be all set!

Remember you can order multiple copies of IRS Letter 1722, if want some for your records. There is no fee for this at all.

Once you call, the IRS Letter 1722 will arrive to you in a few days, so it is pretty quick.

See more details here at mariahoneyy's post:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...y+advice+to+you+all+for+Citizenship+interview

Good luck!

Birth Certificate

Has any immigration officer asked for a birth certificate? I know one should take this for the interview, but was curious to know, if they do ask for it.

Thanks in advance.

Tax Returns

Fellows,

Getting tax returns was infact quiet easy. IRS offices (until Oct 1st 2003) will entertain walk in's for tax transcripts.

I went to the local Vermont office and got my returns in 15 minutes all certified by them.

Even if you are not in immediate need of these docs, you may
want to get them from your local office by Oct

Take care

I happened to be visiting Vermont this week! I am sure
the lines at the Philly office were much longer. Since I got
just my federal returns my state of residency did not matter!

Phillydude, when are you applying for your citizenship and do u have any timeline

Timeline

My application was mailed by my attorney on 29th July 2003.
So, still a long way to go... I will keep you posted.

speeding warning notice

Quote "I was once pulled over and let go with a warning for speeding. How can I get a certified copy of this?"

I contacted the Pennsylvania State Police and got an official
description of their policy of purging warning notices in 6 months.

I hope this is good enough

VSC Application Submitted

Philly,

I have sent my application on July 22nd. My check was cashed on Augst 1st. I have not received the receipt yet.

Please post your information as you move forward in this process.

Does anybody know what is the format of VSC's Application Receipt number? It must be on my cashed check but I am not able to figure out.

Hi db,
It should be written on your check. The format of the receipt is "ESC*00". The total # of characters should be 13 starting with ESC*. Good luck.

Thanks

Choyty,

I got it. On my check it was written csc9999999. I changed it to ESC*009999999. I checked the status and application is there.

Thank you.